Planet A Ventures
Visiting Analyst – Climate Tech (m/f/d)
Have you heard about Planet A Ventures 🌍?
Planet A Ventures is a Green-tech VC partnering up with support start-ups that have a measurable positive impact on our planet while building profitable, scalable businesses. We want to contribute to an economy that operates within the planetary boundaries.
As a small team with flat hierarchies, we value commitment, transparency and a humble attitude. What we offer to our Visiting Analysts in the Investment Team, beside the unrivaled autonomy and network in the climate tech space, is a truly mission-driven team.
- Duration: minimum 3 months, ideally 6 months.
- Location: Flexible within the EU. You are also welcome to join us in our Berlin office. Please note that we cannot provide visa support to our Visiting Analysts.
- Please state your possible start date in your application. As of now the earliest possible starting date is either June 2023 or September 2023.
- Active participation in the investment process (business identification, evaluation, commercial and financial due diligence activities);
- Active deal sourcing and screening of new investment opportunities and present them to the team, which includes direct contacts with founders;
- Preparation of industry research in order to form new investment hypotheses; stay ahead of market trends, research and the funding environment;
- Support the Planet A team in analyzing the performance of the portfolio and the investments;
- Represent Planet A at local and international events and conferences;
- Support the team with internal initiatives and projects e.g Structuring and updating our CRM, event organization, etc.
- We welcome a variety of background and encourage applicants with scientific and engineering backgrounds (e.g chemistry, biological/biochemistry, chemical engineering, physical chemistry etc.) to apply.
- Relevant work experience in a fast-pace environment e.g Start-up, Venture Capital, Consulting, PE, Investment Banking etc.
- Passion for analysing and understanding business models with excellent analytical skills, an eye for details, structured work approach and prioritizing skills as well as problem-solving orientation and planning skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, a second language is a plus
- Open-minded, communicative team player with the urge to learn and grow together within flat hierarchies.
- Most importantly: you are mission-driven!
Planet A is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.