// YOUR MISSION AT PICUS
Sourcing: Identification and evaluation of attractive investment opportunities for Picus.
Diligence and deals: Independent execution of market and company analyses. Active role in meetings with CEOs and founders of start-up ventures. Support in negotiation and structuring of investments made by Picus. Development and strategic refinement of business models for potential pre-seed investments by Picus.
Portfolio Operations: Ongoing dialogue with Picus’ portfolio companies, acting as a strategic and operational sparring partner.
New perspectives: We expect that you will bring new perspectives to Picus and constantly challenge the status quo and how we operate.
// ABOUT PICUS
Picus Capital is a leading early-stage technology investor operating globally. We partner with ambitious & daring founding teams on their quest to build category-defining technology firms. We aim to be an entrepreneurial sparring partner for visionary founders from ideation to IPO and beyond. A privately financed structure enables us to invest permanent, flexible and long-term capital in a multitude of sectors.
Our young & hungry team has big ambitions and is unique in how we mirror the founders we work with, constantly reimagining the status quo. We strive to provide the best possible support to positively impact a venture’s long-term success. Our perspective is global and diverse as we operate as a single aligned team across offices in Munich, New York, Berlin, London, Bangalore, Beijing and Stockholm. We believe in technological disruption across all geographies and industries and are guided by our own continuously-challenged hypotheses. At Picus, we share the mindset of an entrepreneur and actively drive the change we envision to see in the world.
// ABOUT YOU
- You have an entrepreneurial personality and mindset with a high degree of self-initiative
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Eager to learn about new things, including jurisdictions, industries and markets outside of your core focus
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic and have the ability to balance a number of transactions at the same time and prioritize matters in order to ensure that Picus closes transactions quickly
- Strong academic track record (top 15% of class) at a leading educational institution in the US.
- Prior experience in Top Tier Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Start-ups
- Entrepreneurial personality with high degree of self-initiative
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail, as well as a deep understanding of business models
- Very strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Mindset & Passion:
- We believe in passionate ownership and seek people who thrive in a dynamic environment with maximum ownership & responsibility. Each member of the team is excited by our mission and those who thrive in this environment have a hunger for technology investing and exploring real entrepreneurship
- We are seeking new team members who are genuinely excited to fulfill our mission in supporting daring founders to reimagine the way we live and work
// YOUR BENEFITS AT PICUS
Global network: Engage in conversations with exceptional founders, experts and other stakeholders in the tech ecosystem. As part of these efforts, you will build and maintain a valuable personal network across the globe.
Culture: We have an ambitious, entrepreneurial & caring company culture with very high standards, enabling you to take full responsibility early on. You will continuously interact with a global team, collaborate with colleagues across 7 offices and learn about each region’s ecosystems.
// GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Location: New York City (in person)
- Occasional travel for events or meetings with start-ups
- Yearly Salary: Min. $130,000 – Max. $145,000
- Employer: Picus Capital Americas Corporation (US based subsidiary of Picus acting as the exclusive advisor for investments in North and South America region)
- Competitive benefit package that includes: heath, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, sick leave and religious days
Picus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.