OP Crypto is a high conviction, early-stage venture capital firm that connects Asia and the West by investing in founders & asset managers that build game-changing global products and business models in the Web3 ecosystem. We have successfully raised two funds so far:
- OP Ventures Fund I is a $50mm+ venture fund dedicated to supporting early stage (pre-seed and seed) projects across the Web 3.0 space, focusing on innovative consumer applications and infrastructures across gaming, social, NFT, creator economy, etc. We’re backed by top tier institutional players such as Animoca, Galaxy Vision Hill, Digital Currency Group, Republic, Bybit and Huobi, in addition to many notable crypto-native angels such as Bill Ackman and Alan Howard. The team has extensive experience in the crypto space as both investors and power users.
- OP FOF I is a $50mm+ crypto fund of funds dedicated to making strategic investments in emerging venture fund managers with specialized vertical or geographical expertise. OP FOF I is backed by Mirana and Ledgerprime and is the first crypto venture fund of funds exclusively focused on investing in emerging managers on a global-scale. Utilizing our extensive network and fund experience, the team is able to add value to these fund managers via operational, fundraising, and deal flow channels.
<aside> 🐦 Check out our website and twitter accounts (official account & community account)
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Investment Analyst/Associate to join our investment team and drive our efforts in the web3 space. The ideal candidate will have a passion for this exciting space, a solid understanding of overall ecosystem and will be responsible for supporting our team in sourcing, analyzing, and executing investments.
- Identify and capture quality investment opportunities within the web3 ecosystem (founders, investors, accelerators, etc.)
- Update internal deal system and maintain project materials repository
- Facilitate and manage communication with founders from first contact to deal closure
- Prepare investment memos and presentations to communicate insights and recommendations to investment team
- Maintain close relationships with portfolio companies, stay up-to-date on their progress, and provide high-impact support as needed
- Monitor token generation events and assist in formulating exit strategies
- Keep the team up-to-date on the latest industry trends and developments and conduct in-depth research on L1s, L2s, web3 social and gaming, existing and upcoming dApps, and more
- Prepare and distribute twitter threads and research reports internally and externally
Additional Tasks as Needed
- Assist the team with recruitment, team events, operations, and other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, technical background (e.g. computer science) a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in venture investment, research, or related field in the crypto space
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and passion for the web3 ecosystem
- Good understanding and knowledge of L1/L2 chains, infrastructure, DeFi, NFT, gaming, creator economy, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to form independent opinions
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with founders, investors, and partners
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Apply via the google form here