Norrsken VC is one of Europe’s largest early stage impact VC funds focused on investing in rapidly scaling early stage start-ups that use technology to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges while building highly profitable businesses.
We are a small team of 12 with an entrepreneurial spirit where every person makes a significant contribution to our results, now looking for the next person to help us achieve our mission: to make a dent in the world by proving that impact investing can combine positive impact on people and planet with strong financial returns.
The internship is paid and full time for six months, starting in early Spring 2023.
Our dream candidate has a passion for impact combined with analytical skills, problem solving ability and enjoys working in a fast paced environment where everyday is different from the previous one. Maybe you’ve already built up some working experience – be it from the investment world, consulting, start-ups, industry, or the nonprofit sector – or maybe you haven’t had the opportunity yet, but have a strong passion and drive! For this internship opportunity, it is less about what you’ve done so far, and more about who you are, what motivates you, and if you share our passion for impact and entrepreneurship.
The role is Stockholm based, but our team is international and we strongly believe that we make the best decisions as a diverse team, hence all applicants are encouraged and we are excited to see what new perspectives our next hire will bring to the team! The only limitation is that we unfortunately cannot sponsor work visas in Sweden for interns.
Examples of areas you will take part of:
- Source and identify new investments, trends and opportunities
- Support deal teams in evaluating investment opportunities, e.g. by analysing impact potential, business plan, market and industry trends
- Support in other AdHoc tasks
You are a good fit if you:
- Want to make the world a better place, and believe that entrepreneurship and business models are great driving force for this
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and taking ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Are a positive individual who likes to contribute to a vibrant, driven and fun team culture
- Are curious to learn and enjoy deep-diving into new areas
- Are an individual who thrives in a dynamic environment, where processes may iterate along the way and no one day is like another
- Have an analytical mindset and enjoy working with numbers and data
Norrsken VC was incubated by Norrsken Foundation, but today operates as an independent venture capital fund. Norrsken Foundation is a non-profit foundation supporting entrepreneurs daring to tackle society’s biggest challenges, such as poverty, mental health, famine, food waste and environmental issues. of the journey as Norrsken is expanding to more places around the world.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close on 11 November 2022, but we review applications on a rolling basis.
Norrsken VC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Our recruitment process is therefore designed to be as inclusive as possible.
Recruitment process and timing
- Please submit your CV by latest 11 November 2022
- Once we have received your application, you will automatically receive an email with:
- 1) A link to a brief questionnaire (3 questions), which replaces a traditional cover letter, and is a way for us to learn more about your passion for impact investing; and
- 2) A link to an online assessment which is to be completed within 72 hours after submitting the application. The assessment consists of 3 tests to be completed online using a computer, and shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to complete in total. The tests cover the competencies of Communication, Problem solving and Numerical Reasoning.
- Following successful tests, the subsequent interview stage consists of three interviews.
- Our aim is to complete the recruitment process by mid December, with the targeted start date of 1st February 2023