New Fortress Energy
New Fortress Energy Inc. (NASDAQ:NFE) is one of the world’s leading downstream natural gas-to-power companies with a $10+ billion market cap. We are a publicly traded, global energy infrastructure company, and a recognized leader in accelerating the world’s transition to clean energy.
We develop, finance, and operate natural gas facilities, power plants and logistics solutions to rapidly deliver fully integrated, turnkey energy solutions to our customers. Our energy solutions spur economic growth, enhance environmental stewardship, and transform local industries and communities.
Our world-class team has expertise across power, infrastructure, transportation, logistics and LNG, and we have developed a proven track record building and operating liquefaction facilities, onshore and offshore regasification terminals, pipelines, power plants, and innovative LNG delivery solutions.
As part of our efforts to accelerate the transition to clean energy, we have also launched a cutting-edge initiative – which we call Zero – to replace natural gas with green hydrogen so that our energy solutions produce no carbon emissions within the next 10 years.
We believe that everyone should have access to affordable, cleaner energy. However, billions of people around the planet still lack this critical element for quality of life and economic growth. We are driven by our vision of a world in which electricity is no longer a luxury good, and we are looking for talented, driven individuals to help us light the world with cleaner, more affordable energy solutions.
NFE is searching for an Investment Analyst to join its rapidly expanding, New York City-based Investment team. In this role, the Analyst will be expected to support the Investment team which analyzes and executes global investments in the energy infrastructure and power sectors. The ideal candidate will be proactive and high-octane with the ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously in an unstructured environment.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze new opportunities and assist in the management of existing investments
- Transaction execution, new business presentations and meetings, and other such duties
- Construct robust financial models, sometimes with little or preliminary information
- Assist in all aspects of due diligence regarding new investments, including financial, accounting, legal and industry diligence
- Participate in strategic planning and budget processes
What success looks like:
- Bright and flexible, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
- Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
What you bring:
- 2+/4+ years of experience within an investment banking role with a focus on power and utilities is a must
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
- Strong financial modelling skill set and an ability to work autonomously
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong aptitude for critical thinking
- Previous experience in the Power industry or related fields required
What we offer:
As a New York-based NFE employee, you’ll enjoy unique benefits including a generous vacation policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; a healthcare concierge; free short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; healthy snacks; and even an onsite gym.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
New Fortress Energy is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. NFE considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law