LeadX Capital Partners
LeadXCapital Partners supports fast-growing, technology companies selling innovative products and services in Europe. The firm takes a theme-driven approach to investing and is focused on specific opportunities relating to digitalisation and sustainability. LeadX is an active investor in the growth capital space and has acquired over 50 years’ investment experience, across more than 100 tech-driven transactions, working with a wide range of technology companies. The team partners with entrepreneurs to help them realise their growth ambitions, adding value in areas such as strategy, team building, operations, and financing.
The candidate would join LeadX initially on a 3-month full-time internship as a visiting analyst, starting as soon as possible. In case of good performance and fit to the team, the individual would have the opportunity to move to a full-time permanent analyst role, initially for a fixed term of 6-12 months, with the option to extend further.
Tasks the candidate could get exposure to (with guidance from / coaching by more experienced team members) will include (but will not necessarily be limited to):
- Researching new investment themes and developing industry expertise;
- Attending industry events and initiating contact with target companies;
- Assisting in due diligence and managing related service providers;
- Carrying out financial modelling relating to business and transactional matters;
- Working on valuations and exit analyses for new as well as existing investments;
- Preparing presentation materials related to current/new transactions and portfolio reporting;
- Supporting in the legal negotiations of new or follow-on investments;
- Working together with the other team members on portfolio management.
- Last year of studies or recent graduate (masters’ and/or bachelor’s degree)
- Ideally science, engineering, economics and/or management education;
- Financially numerate or computationally adept with excellent communications skills;
- Attention to detail and intrinsic curiosity;
- Genuine interest in discovering how to invest in small but proven technology companies;
- Enjoys working under own initiative (with guidance) and interacting / exchanging ideas;
- English language skills necessary; German (or other European) language skills a plus;
- EU national or work permit; and a
- Good sense of humour!
This is an opportunity to gain experience in working with a small, friendly firm in Munich with long-standing and successful experience in private equity / venture capital investing.