Website Lavrock Ventures
Lavrock Ventures is a venture capital firm that seeks to invest in early-stage companies operating in the enterprise software, big data, deep tech, and national security sectors. We partner with passionate entrepreneurs across North America and Europe who are working to solve some of the most critical problems facing major institutions in the public and private sectors. Our tight-knit team is based in the Washington DC area, and we have a growing portfolio of over 18 active companies across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Lavrock Ventures has two sides to the business: investment and operations; as the activity of the former increases rapidly, the surface area of the latter expands exponentially. We are seeking an incredibly high performer who can exist in each world simultaneously – shuttling back-and-forth as necessary, given ever-shifting, multidisciplinary priorities.
INVESTMENTS – source, evaluate, and support
• Supporting due diligence on potential investments, including market research and analysis, technology/code reviews, industry trends, and reference calls.
• Supporting analysis of company financials, building and iterating on projections models, creating pro-forma cap tables, conducting valuation analysis, and performing exit scenarios and waterfall analyses.
• Assisting with formulation of investment themes and researched-based insight into the investment landscape.
OPERATIONS – improve and optimize
• Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases, including firm/fund-level KPIs and portfolio operating metrics.
• Interfacing with fund admin team and assisting with valuation analyses, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
• Implementing tools to assist in streamlining all regular information sharing to/from the firm – portfolio reporting, LP reporting, webinars, annual meetings, etc.
Who we are seeking:
• 1+ years of relevant full-time work experience (e.g., investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, or venture capital).
• You might not come from venture capital, but you have a legitimate passion to learn about the field and an eagerness to do so fast, and you possess a demonstrable interest for our target investment sectors.
• You can lead a meeting and then analyze it after the fact: marrying exceptional communications and intellectual curiosity with best-of-breed analytical skills message delivery.
• You have superior proficiency in all relevant tools (Excel, Airtable, PowerPoint, Zapier, etc.)
• You are reliable, exceptionally organized, and fully willing to dive in and help others become the same, as you believe deeply in teamwork and can take initiative when you see opportunities to build value.
• You intuitively know how to communicate across a variety of contexts – from strategic to tactical, and all levels in between.
• You are a creative thinker who can build what doesn’t exist yet, asking the questions that are needed, listening, and learning along the way, and connecting seemingly disparate dots.
• If this sounds like you, make your case! Apply via LinkedIn or send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “YOUR NAME – Analyst” and include all the reasons that we need you on the team, and why.