Jefferies Group LLC, the largest independent, global, full-service investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S. focused on serving clients for 60 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
The Jefferies Family Office is a dedicated investment platform to invest capital on behalf of Jefferies and its employees. Our purpose is to provide senior employees with services and opportunities to invest, build and preserve wealth. The platform is built on the distinctive network, market position, and infrastructure of Jefferies, and is led by a dedicated investment team with significant experience allocating to private alternative investments across different investment types including funds, co-investments, direct investments, and secondaries.
- Have a key role on a small investment team at a multi-stage generalist organization equipped to invest in directs, co-investments, and funds, across start-up stage companies to mature staged companies
- Actively involved in every aspect of an investment transaction from deal sourcing and screening, developing investment theses, conducting due diligence, synthesizing and presenting findings, all the way to investment monitoring
- Evaluate potential investments through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Prepare well-developed investment memorandums along with due diligence findings, and present investment recommendations to internal committees and LPs
- Research and distill data-driven insights by leveraging our platform, network, and independent research
- Actively participate in pipeline meetings by providing feedback on companies and funds surfaced and share market insights relevant to investment decisions
- Partner with legal counsel to review deal terms, and support negotiations and execution efforts
- Support investor relations efforts and prepare investor updates
- Represent Jefferies at relevant industry events and conferences
- 2-4 years of experience, including but not limited to, investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity, technology, or startups (in an analytical capacity)
- Ideal candidates will possess a strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills, and excellent communication skills. We’re looking for team players who are passionate about investing.
- Bachelor’s Degree and basic knowledge of technology are required.
- Excellent analytical and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and CRM tools
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
The salary range for this role is $125,000 – $175,000.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.