Impression Ventures is a dynamic and forward-thinking venture capital firm specializing in identifying and nurturing early-stage startups in financial services. We take a far more active role in investing into late-Seed and early Series A companies than the vast majority of VCs and are looking for an Analyst eager to both find our next great investment or dig into a portfolio company problem with equal enthusiasm.
We provide strategic value to all our stakeholders from Limited Partners, including two of Canada’s largest banks, to the portfolio companies we work with. We are the seed investors in some of US’s and Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies. You could be the one to help us find the next fintech unicorn!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Analyst to join our team. As an Analyst at Impression you will play a pivotal role in our investment decision-making process and contribute to the growth and success of our portfolio companies. You will have the opportunity to support and manage equity investments and strategic initiatives. You must be highly self-motivated with a deep interest in fintech startups and impressive interpersonal skills. Your peers likely describe you as analytical, flexible, confident and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in having an inclusive team and process — you will be called upon to participate in every major process of the firm including the investment decisions the firm will make. This level of exposure is possible because of the size of our firm and the flat nature of our organization and this should excite you! In turn, you will be expected to operate with little oversight with many aspects of the firm’s operations. This position is located in Toronto, Ontario.
- Perform analysis and comprehensive deal screens on prospective portfolio companies
- Record and summarize information and interactions regarding prospective deals in our deal flow management system
- Build professional presentations and aid in communications with Limited Partners
- Conduct strategic primary and secondary research on relevant industries and companies. Summarize findings in concise and impactful reports
- Assist in advising portfolio companies in strategic development
- Collaborate in creating Impression Ventures content and regularly assist in publishing thought leadership content online
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and market dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years work experience in banking or financial services
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with presentation software tools for investment and promotional presentation decks
- Financial modelling skills required
- Strong quantitative background and ability to conduct financial analysis
- Demonstrable strategic development, decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Strong preference for working knowledge of financial services and/or startup ecosystem
Why Impression Ventures?
- Join a team of industry experts and thought leaders in the fintech
- Work closely with innovative startups and contribute to their growth.
- Access to a diverse and exciting portfolio of companies.
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development.
- Competitive compensation package and performance-based incentives.
- Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line “ANALYST” to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by Friday, Sep 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline
- In your cover letter, please provide: (i) relevant experience, (ii) your favourite fintech subsector, and (iii) one interesting seed fintech company
- Successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview
Please send your application to email@example.com for consideration.