Illuminate Financial is a Seed & Series A venture capital fund investing in the future of financial services based in New York, London and Singapore.
We are backed by some of the world’s largest and most respected technology users from the financial services space, including JP Morgan, S&P Global, Barclays, and Deutsche Boerse Group. Illuminate has a deep network of senior financial services executives as both advisers and investors.
At Illuminate, we invest thematically where there are fundamental shifts occurring in financial services including digital assets/crypto, Sustainable Finance/Climate tech, private markets infrastructure and the future of the enterprise software stack.
Illuminate has built a very deep and trusted formal and informal network to validate the solutions we see and match them against relevant, high priority industry challenges our industry partners face.
We have a hands on approach to supporting our portfolio companies, harnessing the power of our deep industry network to help them with their go to market strategy and execution. This has allowed us to back and partner with high-profile founders from teams like Genesis Global, Talos, Bezero, Copper, and Blockdaemon. You can find out more about our portfolio companies at: http://illuminatefinancial.com/portfolio/
ROLE: This is a full time role to grow our NYC presence as we rapidly approach the launch of our third fund. The role starts as soon as possible and is hybrid ~3 days/week in person based out of our New York offices in Soho/Fidi.
The role will cover all aspects of the investment process:
- Investments – Assist with due diligence, sourcing pipeline, present to IC and develop new investment theses
- Portfolio – Support portfolio companies in fundraising, go to market, hiring, and strategy
- Industry Partners – Assist, present in, and own industry partnerships
- Brand expansion – be a brand ambassador. Networking, sourcing, and content (blog posts and think pieces)
- Special Project – Help with one off projects and research
- Fundraising – Crafting fundraising materials, identifying potential LPs, and assisting in legal processes
You will join the Illuminate team of fourteen, including five investors and three partners across San Francisco, London and New York. Our team includes experienced venture investors with backgrounds that include banking (Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Capital One), entrepreneurship (Creditex/T-Zero), consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Co), financial technology (Murex, Thomson Reuters).
- We greatly value curiosity, proactivity, collaboration, adaptability, and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- 2-5+ years work experience, ideally in but not limited to experience from sectors like enterprise tech startups, venture capital, private equity, technology, consulting, legal, buy-side and banking; though past exposure to these sectors is not a requirement
- Passion for enterprise technology, B2B Fintech and venture investing
- Permission to work in the US is required
This is an opportunity to grow with a fast growing VC firm in one of the most innovative and dynamic areas of venture.
If interested, please apply here.