Helmrich & Payne
Since 1920, Helmerich and Payne has been the industry’s most trusted partner in drilling productivity and reliability. As the world changes, so does our approach. We are changing the landscape of drilling by using cutting-edge rig technologies and drilling solutions to build upon a century of success, all while continuing to deliver better outcomes for our customers.At H&P, our people are our strength. We strive to continually lead with our Core Values that enable employees to develop on their H&P Journey. We believe that doing the right thing means creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that empowers our people to bring their authentic selves to work every day.Some companies offer career paths. We offer a Journey of a Lifetime. Let’s go far, together. Learn more from our colleagues, and leaders about their unique journeys at Helmerich and Payne.
Job SummaryThe H&P Ventures Associate will assist in the investment and strategic partnership process. This position will support the business with financial diligence, researching markets and trends, evaluating deals, maintaining documentation, and performing various administrative tasks.
ResponsibilitiesThe following items represent the essential functions and accountabilities for this position. This description is not meant to be all inclusive nor to prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular and reliable attendance is essential and required in performance of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrate the H&P Company values: Actively C.A.R.E., Service Attitude, Innovative Spirit, Teamwork and Do the Right Thing.
- Collect and organize documentation related to investments, diligence, partnerships, and strategy.
- Conduct various administrative tasks to support the H&P Ventures team.
- Develop market research and investment theses to help guide sourcing efforts.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research as well as assisting in business and financial diligence.
- Maintain databases of information, keeping high volumes of data organized and accessible.
- Maintain internal reports and metrics pertaining to the H&P Ventures investment portfolio and areas of research.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather data, inform, and collaborate:
- Internal contacts: Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and Legal.
- External contacts: H&P Ventures portfolio companies and other start-up companies as well as consultants and contractors.
- Advance the strategic goals of H&P by supporting H&P Ventures in connecting our drilling expertise to new energy technologies.
- This position requires varying amounts of travel. Candidates must be willing to spend 10% of their time traveling.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong communication skills to coordinate and manage many details
- Demonstrated self-starting skills with superior work ethic
- Uncompromising personal integrity
- Ability to sift through large volumes of data to identify trends
- Understanding of financial modeling and accounting
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in finance preferred, with a demonstrated track record of both academic and professional success
- 2-5 years of work experience with at least one year in business development, corporate development, or venture capital
Compensation RangeTotal Base Pay Range
- 76,100.00 – 121,700.00 USD Annual
What We OfferAt H&P, our commitment to our people is at the forefront, and that includes benefits that provide employees a sense of health and financial security. We know that life continues outside of employment and actively caring of our people is our priority.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts
- 401k match
- Paid Leave Plans
- Parental & Adoption Benefits
- Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Flex-scheduling available for qualifying positions to achieve work-life integration
H&P is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.Thank you for your interest in joining our team!