About the job
High-level: Source and speak to the most exciting B2B software start-ups in the US and to find best market segments to deep dive into.
Headline is hiring an analyst for a 2 year program who will be supporting our early investment teams by sourcing and speaking to the most promising start-ups to help us determine their fit as an investment prospect for Headline and doing sector deep dives. Strong performers will have an opportunity to continue to develop within the organization. The individual we are looking for will specifically focus on B2B software focused around vertical software, commerce enablement, B2B marketplaces and go-to-market technologies.
Location: Remote, ideally in NYC or SF
Time Requirement: Investor will manage own schedule in East, Central or Pacific time zones.
Tasks And Role Expectations
- Speak to 20+ CEOs from exciting North American start-ups each week
- Source companies in the given verticals and identify categories and founders to build relationships with.
- Synthesize notes and key takeaways from conversations with founders.
- Summarize most compelling opportunities and report these to team members
- Build a network in the start-up and venture capital ecosystem
- Create market research for Headline investment areas
- This role will present candidate with unique opportunity to build extensive tacit knowledge and domain expertise in B2B software
- Naturally build a network with up-and-coming entrepreneurs in the US
- Jumpstart a career in start-ups, tech, or venture capital
- Join an experienced team with a flat hierarchy
- Excellent conversation and people skills
- Deeply passionate and likely involved in tech communities already
- Excellent analytical skills
- Passion for B2B software and the behaviors they drive
- Strong relationship management skills
- Thrive in unstructured environments
- Background in Business, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant majors
- 0-3 years of experience across tech startups, banking, pe, consulting or other analytical roles (note: we will accept applicants straight out of college with a deep passion for technology and already involved in tech programs such as hackathons, college funds etc)
Headline (fka e.ventures) is a global venture capital firm with dedicated funds and teams in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America. We’ve backed the Founders behind category creators such as Bird, Sonos, Angie’s List, NGINX, AppAnnie, Segment, Acorns, Shipt, Scopely, Farfetch, SoRare, Grin, and Groupon.
To apply for this role, please fill out THIS LINK