Giant Ventures is a global venture capital firm that invests in purpose-driven founders solving the world’s biggest challenges. We champion technology entrepreneurs creating a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient planet across three themes: climate, health and inclusive capitalism. We lead seed rounds and invest between $5-15m at Series B and beyond. Giant is run by a unique group of founders, CEOs and global leaders. We will invest $1 billion into purpose-driven technology this decade.
Giant team members all possess insatiable curiosity, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit. We are a tight-knit and highly motivated team looking for self-directed individuals who thrive in the pursuit of excellence and are comfortable with ambiguity. We believe diversity of thought underpins successful investing, which means everyone has a voice.
The Role & Responsibilities
This role is a unique opportunity to be part of building a major engine of sustainable innovation for the world. It offers significant growth, learning, and development opportunities, as well as exposure to the world’s leading technology founders, corporate CEOs and political leaders.
Giant Ventures is seeking a full-time Investment Analyst. The investing role will primarily include the following activities, from seed to growth stage investing:
- Identify and diligence start-ups for investment
- Support elements of the investment process including founder meetings, memo creation, and deal execution
- Develop relationships with and support existing and future founders
- Represent Giant’s brand to both entrepreneurs and other investors
- Work on Giant’s impact reporting, creating frameworks and case studies
- Contribute to internal operations
Successful applicants will:
- Have 2-4 years of work experience at either a high-growth start-up, investment firm, management/strategy consultancy, or investment bank
- Ideally, but not necessarily, have a technical, economic, applied engineering, or scientific academic background
- Have a can-do attitude, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, insatiable curiosity, and drive to excel
- Be an independent solution-oriented thinker and a collaborative team player with an entrepreneurial approach to creative problem-solving and a self-starter mindset
- Be able to be based in London
- Please note: unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas at this time
- Competitive salary and long-term incentives
- Healthcare benefits and pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus local public holidays
- Opportunities for international travel and work abroad
- A minimum of three days a week in our beautiful London office but otherwise flexible working – we value output over face time
- Various perks such as a cycle-to-work scheme, team socials & offsites, lunch once per week, free breakfast, and a meditation app subscription
- Rapid personal development, extensive opportunity, and a highly accelerated learning curve
To apply, please upload your CV and answer the following four questions:
- What is something you’ve done that you are very proud of? (150 words max)
- What three qualities best describe you? (50 words max)
- Name a seed stage start-up you’re excited about and why? (100 words max)
- Pick two companies that are doing the same thing and tell us which one is going to win and why? (100 words max)
Don’t be discouraged if the role description is not perfect for you or your experience. Talent exists everywhere! Apply and let us explore if we are meant to work together.
From the initial applications, we will select a smaller group for the remainder of the interview process. The expected duration of the application process is 8 weeks, with a start date during Q1 2022.
Application Deadline: 7 November 2022