Futureland Ventures invests in transformative early-stage technology startups creating a more sustainable, resilient, and connected future. Futureland supports smart, fearless founders to solve complex problems that have the power to transform cities and communities. We focus on early-stage technology startups charting the future in mobility, climate, security, enterprise, and proptech, with a technical focus on artificial intelligence, robotics, and software.
Futureland Ventures is looking for an Analyst to join our small but growing team.
This Analyst will focus on supporting the full life-cycle of venture investments. This role will work closely with the General Partner as an integral part of our team. This is an incredible opportunity to grow with a leading seed-stage investor. Futureland is looking for an individual who is driven, with exceptional financial modeling and writing skills, and passionate about creating a better future. While there are core functions fundamental to this role, there is tremendous room for growth. We value integrity, dedication to your craft, and outside-the-box thinking.
- Involvement in all aspects of the investment process, including sourcing, due diligence including industry thesis, sourcing investments, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling.
- Preparing memos, market analysis, and presentations to drive investment decisions and for engagement with the Futureland Ventures ecosystem
- Reading/reviewing business plans and pitch decks
- Participating in weekly meetings to discuss market research, investment opportunities and portfolio companies
- Creating content for market analysis, thought leadership, blog posts, and newsletters
- Supporting our existing portfolio companies, including internal reporting, business development opportunities, events, and follow-on transactions
- Developing and maintaining internal databases and infrastructure
- Candidates should have up to 2-4 years of prior work experience
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Highly analytical with an interest in reviewing, and identifying trends within, large volumes of data
- One to three years of experience in venture capital or in a highly analytical role.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, or related industry from a top-tier institution, with a track record of success
- Passion for emerging technologies and the future of cities and communities.
- Superior excel and outlook skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision (including proactively seeking guidance when needed)
- Sets high expectations for work product and passionate about personal development
- Has high EQ and wants to be part of a collaborative team
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities, with an interest in identifying trends within large data sets
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships and desire to grow interpersonal and networking skills.
- Interest in working with early-stage businesses focused on AI, deep tech, transportation, climate, and enterprise
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated with ability to articulate ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior decision making, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with an ability to develop and build effective relationships
- Experience as a founder or early employee at a startup (or founder of any type of organization)
- You have technical background in software, AI, robotics, or data analytics.
This position will begin as part-time with compensation in carry and eventually transition to full with salary (or can start full-time late Fall 2023).
- If you do not meet every qualification, do not worry, we still welcome you to apply. We also invite candidates who do not have traditional backgrounds. Please share your story, why you are excited about this opportunity, and what makes you unique.