Flourish is a global venture firm that backs disruptive technology companies whose entrepreneurs seek to redefine the financial services sector and whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity.
Flourish invests at the early stage across key investment themes. With over $500M of capital under management, our global portfolio spans across North America, South America, Asia and Africa. Our current portfolio includes 70 fintech innovators across disruptive categories including challenger banks, embedded finance, infrastructure, insurtech, personal finance and regtech. In addition to our venture investments, we also partner with policymakers, thought leaders, and regulators.
Our team of dedicated, global specialists is culturally and geographically diverse. We are a small, flat team that combines a high degree of autonomy with a culture of close collaboration. We strive to be close to the entrepreneurs we support and to understand the people they serve.
Flourish deploys half of its capital annually in the US and our portfolio includes leaders such as Alloy, Chime, Hummingbird, Jetty, Kin, Propel, Skipify, Unit, among others. We complement our disruptive fintech investments with meaningful partnerships across thought leaders and research partners in the sector including the Financial Health Network and Alliance for Innovative Regulation.
We are seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team based in Silicon Valley, California for a ~24-month analyst position focused on our US Financial Health portfolio.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for helping to source and evaluate new investment opportunities, perform due diligence and market research, and support existing portfolio companies. The analyst program features the chance to work closely with C-suite leaders at exciting fast-growth start-ups, and gain direct exposure to the early stage venture capital ecosystem.
This individual’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading valuation analysis and driving the modeling efforts in all stages of the investment process.
- Actively contribute to managing the investment pipeline and evaluating new business ideas;
- Support due diligence and deal execution efforts for prospective investments (e.g., assess business plans; conduct market scans and competitive analyses; build financial models; prepare investment memoranda);
- Evaluate market trends and help to develop perspectives on emerging investment themes (e.g., industry market landscapes);
- Facilitate portfolio engagement efforts and post-close performance management;
- Communicate and collaborate internally to advance Flourish’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses at an investment bank, venture capital / private equity fund or corporate investment role;
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical, deal evaluation, and excel modeling skills;
- High-energy and independent self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and great teammate;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the financial services sector;
- Prior demonstrated interest in / experience with creating positive social impact.
Flourish firmly believes that diversity and inclusion make us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Location: Bay Area, California