Flashpoint is an international technology investment firm with USD 400 million AUM focused on technology companies originating in emerging Europe and Israel. Flashpoint manages six funds: four Venture Capital funds, a Venture Debt Fund, and a Secondary Fund. The firm has been headquartered in London since 2015 and has offices in Tel-Aviv, Budapest, Warsaw, Riga, Nicosia and New York.
Flashpoint’s funds have made investments in 59 companies including names such as Guesty, Chili Piper, and Preply. Flashpoint has completed 12 exits, including the sale of its stakes in Shazam (to Apple), Chess dot com (to PokerStars founders and General Atlantic), Marketman (to PSG), and Gurushots (to Zedge).
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Analyst to join our Flashpoint Secondary Fund (FSF).
FSF invests in growth stage (Series B+) global technology companies built by founders originating from emerging Europe and Israel. We invest in direct secondaries, buying shares from existing shareholders – founders, (ex)employees, early stage investors. FSF portfolio companies include CEE originated companies Preply and Booksy, but also Israel originated companies Mesh Payments and K2View.
As an Analyst, you will be participating in the whole deal process from origination, analysis and execution as well as be involved in the post deal monitoring and support of portfolio companies and exit process.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of and passion for the tech market and possess good technical financial skills.
The intended location of the role is in either Warsaw or Budapest, although you will be working remotely with all team members located in various Flashpoint offices.
- Analysis of the market and deal sourcing
- Commercial and financial analysis and modelling of potential investments
- Assist in due diligence on potential investments
- Assist in preparing investment memos
- Assist in the development and execution of the firm’s investment strategy
- Monitor the performance of existing investments and provide ongoing support to portfolio companies
- Assist in preparing internal reporting as well as marketing materials
- Build and maintain relationships with venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and other industry professionals
- Continuously stay up-to-date on industry trends and changes in the tech ecosystem
- University degree in finance/economics, management or computer science/IT
- 1-3 years of experience in growth capital investments, investment banking, consulting, due diligence teams in accounting firms, or a related field
- Solid understanding of tech market and business models
- Strong analytical, modelling and technical financial skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.