FH Capital is seeking motivated Investment Analysts whom, as part of the Investment Management Team, will provide fundamental, quantitative and technical research and analysis to assist in managing proprietary pools and separately managed accounts.
Candidates with previous experience working within investment management firms, and with hands on knowledge of using platforms such as Bloomberg for pre-investment, investment, and post investment activities. Knowledge of portfolio construction and allocation strategies, platforms and valuations is a plus.
This role offers the opportunity to grow in the investment management career by providing a supportive team, executive coaching, visibility within the organization and beyond. To be selected for this role, you will need to demonstrate a strong understanding about investment management strategies, strong analytical skills, and advanced skills in using platforms such as Bloomberg terminal, Port, and other features offered by Bloomberg.
- Perform analysis on a wide range of potential and current investments including qualitative and quantitative reports, screens, and analytics to support the work of developing stable and profitable portfolios within the company’s proprietary funds and separately managed accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring portfolio performance, initiating rebalancing calls, and proposing buy/sell recommendations.
- Manage, maintain and update Due Diligence on existing Investments
- Oversee and provide reporting to the Investment Management Team and Investment Committee,
- Develop and maintain tools that generate robust and accurate reporting on investments, economic data, and our portfolios,
- Provide risk metrics and analysis on the current portfolios.
- Research and assess new traditional and non-traditional investment opportunities for existing and future portfolios.
- Provide quantitative model creation and maintenance.
- Support the data, research and fund information needs of the Portfolio Managers and Private Wealth Team.
- Write research reports for the Investment Management Team and Investment Committee for existing and new Investments.
- Perform trades as necessary.
- Champion the team, partners, and external stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the product.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance is preferred.
- CFA Charter holder, progress toward designation or similar designation (CIMA, CFP, etc.). SCA mandated CISI certifications is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in a similar role with a leading investment management firm or Four (+) years of experience in investment product research and analysis roles.
- Knowledge of various investment product types (equity, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives), investment approaches (fundamental, quantitative), and investment vehicles (mutual funds, collective investment trusts, separately managed accounts, and exchange traded funds).
- Broad knowledge of and interest in multiple aspects of the investment industry and markets, including familiarity with a broad range of investment management firms.
- Significant experience and capabilities in the use of investment analytical tools such as Morningstar Direct, attribution and risk modeling software, wealth management and trading platforms, and client reporting packages. Use of Bloomberg terminal or similar platforms for analysis, research, and portfolio construction.
- Ability to work independently, deliver high quality work product, handle multiple projects at the same time, and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to develop custom analytical reports, showing initiative and creativity, to support research and recommendations.
- Experience with trading is a plus (Fixed Income & Equity).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.