Full Time, In-person
Santa Monica, CA
Base + Performance based bonus
Do you like a fast paced environment? Do you want to join the 7th most active venture capital firm in the world in 2022 (as per Pitchbook)? Join the Expert Dojo team as an Analyst.
In 2022, Expert Dojo invested in 130 early-stage startups around the world – making us one of the most active venture investors globally. The average MOIC for all of our funds is 5.94x, compared to 2.11x MOIC for the industry average for venture capital firms. We’ve now deployed around $35M and looking for the right people to take the next steps with us, ramping that number up to $50M by the end of 2023.
Join our team of growth experts specializing in diverse, global, early stage startups.
What your day will consist of:
- Acting as key contributor in supporting investment recommendations
- Leveraging top of the funnel best practices for screening quality startup companies with potential for rapid growth
- Prepare internal briefing documents
- Escalating new opportunities to the investment team
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Bias for action and eagerness to learn
- Experience conducting research on industry sectors, specific companies, and venture activity
- Having acquired a strong analytics and strategy toolkit in strategy consulting, investment banking, or a commercial/financial role in tech
- Understanding of the VC ecosystem
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Analytics, Economics, Business (or similar major/relevant experience)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine issues
- Team player with a “can do” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment
Helpful to have:
- Experience in originating, leading, and executing investments in VC
- Operational experience at a startup
What to Expect from our Hiring Process:
- One 15 minute phone screening
- Technical assessment
- One 60 minute interview with a group from the Expert DOJO Team
- Final interview with senior management
Why we are successful
In 2019 Expert DOJO invested in our first 19 startups, in 2020 we invested in 45 more fantastic founders, in 2021 we invested in 70 companies, and we ended 2022 with 130 new investments. This brings us to a portfolio of 250+ companies in which we’ve made cash investments.
In 2022, the average cohort value change for all companies was 493.68%. 14 out of our 16 cohorts are performing above expectations, with growth ranging from 200-400%.
We work hard, so we take our fun seriously. As a team member, not only will you contribute to innova