Do you have a deep passion for Food Technology & the Venture Capital ecosystem? Would you like to add value to how startup ideas and founding teams are engaged in this sector by sourcing, evaluating, and selecting tomorrow’s industry disrupters? Please apply as a FoodTech Analyst in our Berlin office!
Food Technology is a promising field and we are extremely excited about our investment in the space: Gourmey, the French cultivated-meat startup.
AT EARLYBIRD, YOUR PROJECTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND TASKS WILL LIKELY INCLUDE:
- Building on our existing FoodTech thesis with your deep sector expertise and supporting our investments
- Working on deals with the Earlybird Investment team and taking responsibility for sourcing, initial deal assessments, preparing investment decisions, and managing the subsequent due diligences
- Actively utilizing your network to connect with FoodTech startups, founders, investors, and entrepreneurs
WHAT WE HOPE YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Academic studies in Microbiology, Food Technology, Biotechnology, or Life Sciences (or similar) with excellent grades
- Hands-on experience in a FoodTech startup and/or in a FoodTech focused VC (early-stage preferred)
- Analytical rigor, business acumen, relationship-building, and emotional intelligence skills allow you to source deals in the space, understand the technologies, thought-partner with founders, and help guide our investments to success!
- Passion and interest for the European startup ecosystem plus a solid understanding of the Venture Capital industry