Dundee Venture Capital
Dundee VC is a venture capital firm investing in early-stage technology startups located outside of core North American venture markets — think Toronto, Minneapolis, Austin or Raleigh rather than San Francisco, New York, or LA. Dundee VC is a distributed firm with offices in Omaha, Chicago, and Boulder.
The firm has over $90M under management and typically invests ~$1M to lead $1M-$3M pre-seed and seed rounds. Dundee VC is currently investing out of its third fund, a $41M fund launched in 2020.
Dundee VC’s philosophy is to be a partner to portfolio companies, not just an investor. We strive to believe before others will and to steadily guide founders through every step of their journey.
The Position: Analyst
We are hiring an analyst to join our team’s Chicago office.
This two-year position is a perfect fit for someone looking to begin a career in venture capital or startups more broadly. The analyst role will work alongside Dundee VC’s investment team to source new investment opportunities, deepen expertise in Dundee’s core thematic areas, perform investment due diligence, and broaden our reach with funds, entrepreneurs, and key markets.
The analyst is a critical part of our team and will work directly with an investment partner in our Chicago office. Throughout the two year program, the analyst will be immersed in all aspects of our industry: participating in investment committee meetings, working directly with startups and attending board meetings, sourcing new investments, and building networks and expertise.
This position will be a launchpad and an opportunity to shape what is next in your career, with the full support of our entire team to set you up for success after the program.
- Identify investment opportunities and assist with the deal sourcing process
- Support the evaluation of Dundee VC investments
- Perform research to further develop Dundee VC’s expertise in key thematic areas
- Conduct rigorous financial and business diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position, growth potential, market sizing)
- Communicate frequently with the senior members of the team, as well as the senior management of our portfolio companies
- Build a differentiated personal network of entrepreneurs, investors, and critical stakeholders
- Prepare and present diligence research, company and industry overviews, internal memos, financial models, and forecasted return scenarios
- As a critical member of a small, scrappy team, assist with special projects or other activities as needed: reporting to our investors, supporting firm operations, and more
- Intellectually curious lifetime learner
- Energetic individual with presence and professionalism who builds respect with others
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members across multiple offices
- You value autonomy and take a few extra minutes to get things done correctly
- Strong academic background
- Uninhibited curiosity about startups
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
- Track record of personal accomplishments
Nice to Have (Not Required)
- One to three years of relevant work experience (preferably in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, private equity, or a high-growth startup)
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling, and quantitative skills
- Familiarity with key venture capital terms and concepts
Every applicant is more than a resume or list of requirements, so if this sounds interesting, we encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you hit every bullet point.
Hiring Process and Key Details:
We want to get to know you, while respecting the time you invest in our interviewing process. We will require no more than two hours of interviews to make a hiring decision, with four total interviews in the process (one 15-minute initial interview and three 30-minute interviews with the investment team).
Location: Chicago (hybrid, with 1-2 days in office in a typical week)
Last Day to Apply: November 15th, 2022
Expected Start Date: January 2022