Cintrifuse is dedicated to making Greater Cincinnati the #1 Startup ecosystem in the Midwest. We’re here to connect and catalyze tech startups with our extensive network. We inspire ideas, empower founders, lure talent, and attract investors in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. We enable the activation, development, and growth of startups by strategically leveraging and connecting a network of partners, all committed to expanding innovation and entrepreneurship across the region.
Through its SEC-registered investment advisor (Cintrifuse Fund Management, LLC), Cintrifuse has over $180 million of assets under management for two strategic “Fund of Funds”. Cintrifuse is presently drawing from 36 unique Limited Partner (“LP”) accounts (e.g. P&G, Kroger, Western & Southern) and participating in 22 venture capital fund managers. We recently completed a 10-year assessment of Cintrifuse’s impact that underscored the importance of greater local startup growth, new approaches to corporate innovation, and heightened focus and expertise in strategic verticals such as Supply Chain, Sustainability, Fintech, Health Care and Diversity. To better understand the Cintrifuse model, review our 2022 Impact Report as well as our October 2022 Annual Meeting video and written recap.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptionally curious, articulate, analytical leader to harness and ignite the power of our coveted fund network across investor, startup, strategic focus, and local startup ecosystem needs. Reporting to the Director of Venture Services, and closely collaborating with the Fund and Startup Services teams, this person is an enthusiastic, exceptional relationship builder adept at making introductions, forging connections, and marrying unmet needs and pain points with startup solutions and inspiration.
The Venture Analyst is considered an Access Person for the Fund. As an SEC registered investment adviser, all access persons of the Fund are required to comply with the rules and regulations of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and report on the firm’s code of ethics.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Lead global startup and technology scouting, Cintrifuse Fund portfolio, LP innovation needs via access to innovation in the Syndicate Fund portfolio and beyond
- Source startups and curate innovation to respond to customer needs and support corporate innovation services
- Identify growth, innovation, startup connections, and investment opportunities for Cintrifuse stakeholders
- Provide high-impact analysis, communication, and rankings to stakeholders on trends, startups, and technology
- In collaboration with the Fund Manager, communicate regularly with LPs and VCs regarding fund investments, market activity developments, relevant ecosystem events and local startup deal flow
- Administer the Cintrifuse relationship with Pitchbook and CB Insights, including associated analyst reports. This includes the distribution of analysis to local startups via a “Data Desk” offering
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about startup innovation, disruptive business models, and value creation
- Keen sense of market timing to share insights, news, and competitive/marketplace developments
- Collaborative and proactive with a deep curiosity for technology and storytelling ability
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently with discretion and discernment
What will set you apart:
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- 3+ years in innovation/tech preferred; reasonably versed in emerging technologies
- Superb analysis and written communication skills
- Superb track record for relationship building
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to conduct research end-to-end and present findings
- Self-starter and eagerness for continued learning
If you have a passion for startups and innovation, we’d love to hear from you! To learn more about Cintrifuse, go to cintrifuse.com. This is a full-time, Cincinnati based position with a hybrid flexible work schedule. Salary range is $76,800 – $110,400 based on experience along with bonus potential. Competitive benefits including full Health benefits, HSA/FSA, Go365 Wellness program, 401(k) match, parental leave, PTO in a collaborative, dog friendly, casual dress co-working space at Union Hall. You’ll also have access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Zand Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This role is at the heart of the Cintrifuse value proposition. Our Fund network is a doorway into the future – a future of breakthrough technology, disruptive new business models, digital transformation, and promising solutions to extreme challenges like sustainability. We’re looking for talent eager to unlock the value of our connections and relationships for the benefit of our stakeholders.”
— Pete Blackshaw, CEO of Cintrifuse