Cherry is excited to announce that we are expanding our investment team with an Investment Analyst (English-speaking) position in our HQ here in Berlin. As one of Europe’s most successful seed funds managing $1B in capital across four funds, this is a great time to join the team.
We love hard-working, hands-on people who want to drive particular projects and be a part of larger technological change. If that’s you, you’ll fit right in. Plus, we also look for engaging people who have a record of leadership and go-getting in pursuits both in and out of academics and the office. You’ll bring your mix of deep pragmatic intellect (absorb information fast and be comfortable around numbers with limited information), combined with an inquisitive nature and a love for networking to help us discover the next generation of B2B software opportunities born in Europe.
We would especially like to encourage female and diverse applicants interested in the space.
We are willing to provide visa sponsorship for those willing to relocate to Berlin
This is how you will be successful in the role:
- Winning – We team up with the most successful entrepreneurs, and like them, we want to win this game. You have the same winning mentality and have demonstrated that in your life.
- Hustle – You work with a sense of urgency, are effective with time and resources, learn from setbacks, and enjoy a challenging path.
- Networking – you are personable and enjoy meeting new people and learning from them.
- Analytical pragmatism – You are able to balance an inner drive to deeply understand something with speed.
- A high degree of stamina – We are pitched thousands upon thousands of investments each year. Regardless of whether it is your first or last pitch of the day, you stay focused and differentiate between misleading ‘shiny objects’ and the true ‘diamonds in the rough.
- Business acumen – You enjoy the complexity of looking across sectors, understanding market sizes, market opportunities, and market timing at the same time, while still being able to make fast decisions about what is relevant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building your own network in the European founders and investors community by actively reaching out to contacts and participating in and organising events
- Discovering promising B2B Software companies and deeply understanding their business for consideration for investment.
- Conducting investment due diligence by analyzing data, leading market research, conducting diligence calls, and supporting the drafting of investment memos.
- Contributing to building a world-class early-stage venture capital fund by taking on additional responsibility for various other initiatives.
The requirements for this role:
- Ideally, you have gained experience via professional and/or via internships within venture capital OR 2+ yrs in startups/grownups within a product, sales/biz-dev/growth or engineering role OR from a top management consulting or investment banking (PE, M&A, etc.) firm.
- Graduated with a degree (i.e. business management, computer science, engineering, etc) with strong marks from a renowned University
- Strong desire and interest in becoming an expert in B2B software business models and a love for company building at high-risk/early stage
- Analytical experience, you are not afraid of working with numbers and data and care to get as close to the truth as possible
- International and multicultural mindset/background
- Business fluency in English
What you can expect if you join:
- World-class company building and venture capital experience
- Travel across Europe, working with founders and our team in Berlin, London, and Stockholm
- A wonderful supportive team and strong team spirit
- Being part of the European founders’ scene and networking
- Comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary + bonus + carry, private pension, free travel card or bike, free drinks, snacks, staff entertainment, bring your dog to work
Cherry Ventures with offices in Berlin, London, and Stockholm managing $1B in capital across four funds. We are a hands-on team of former entrepreneurs and operators behind fast-scaling companies such as Spotify and Zalando. From our backgrounds and in our current work, we always put founders first. Cherry Ventures has invested in over 100 companies across Europe, including Flixbus, AUTO1 Group, Flink, SellerX, Forto, The Exploration Company, Infarm, Mondu, TWAICE, and Moss.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Interviewing now!
Cherry Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.