Private Wealth Analyst
Role: Private Wealth Analyst
Location: Required to be in office (Boulder, CO) 3 days a week
Compensation: $70-90k Salary with generous benefits and bonus
Start Date: Immediate
Caruso Ventures is seeking a Private Wealth Analyst for its expanding family office team based in Boulder, CO. We are seeking an energetic member with strong organizational and communication skills to support our busy, high spirited team. The position is unique and training will be provided as needed. It is more important that the candidate have the right attitude, ability, and desire to learn along with basic financial and organizational skills, than an aptitude in all the areas identified below.
Caruso Ventures LLC is a growing, entrepreneurial organization operating as a single-family office. We invest across multiple asset classes, including venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, direct investments, real estate, operating companies, crypto, and public securities. This position will focus on the family office’s operational and financial activities including but not limited to investment monitoring and reporting, treasury and cash management, accounting, tax planning, bill pay, and support for numerous entities, including partnerships, trusts, 501c(3)’s, and individuals.
This position is ideal for an ambitious individual looking to work in a small team and gain experience and exposure to multiple asset classes and various operational capacities. This role will be afforded extensive opportunity for continuous learning and intellectual rigor, especially for someone that strives for ongoing growth and development in their career.
- Create and maintain financial reporting for various investment entities
- Own the daily cash management of portfolios which includes cash forecasting and liquidity management, securely processing investment wires and payments, and reporting on all significant cash activity
- Manage bank accounts and coordinate trust administration which includes the tracking, payment, and distribution of trust assets, accurately documenting relevant investment activity, opening and closing accounts, and maintaining user access and data integrity
- Review and execute investment related legal documents including but not limited to subscription agreements, grant agreements, series designations, etc.
- Assist with expense reporting, updating the general ledger, analyzing and reconciling investment data, and other ad hoc family office projects, requests, and responsibilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-6 years of Accounting and / or Finance experience
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain and handle sensitive information while protecting highly confidential financial, legal, and personal information both internally and externally
- Proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting and ability to read, interpret, and analyze data accurately and effectively
- High level of proficiency collaborating in Google Suite, particularly Sheets or Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for maintaining relationships with external contacts and teammates in person, by e-mail, and over the phone.
- Experience with / desire to learn various financial operating systems, particularly Addepar or similar investment portfolio management tools
- Knowledge of / desire to learn basic investment strategies, fiduciary laws, and relevant regulations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Capable of anticipating work needs and following through with nominal direction
- Willingness to collaborate amongst and preference to work in a small team
- Ability to organize work flow, utilize time efficiently, show strong attention to detail, and perform multiple tasks at a high level while in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in or around a multi or single family office environment is preferred
CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Integrity, discernment, and regard for a high level of confidentiality
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to thoughtfully apply sound judgment in decision-making
- Detail-oriented; naturally adept and skillfully trained toward precision and accuracy
- Ownership mindset; showing care for doing things the right way and taking comfort in being responsible for your outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage expectations through internal communications
- Hands-on, resourceful, and solutions-oriented with a can-do approach and figure-it-out mentality
- Resilient and energized by working with high achievers
- Strong interpersonal skills that instill confidence and credibility and allow for authentic, warm relationships built on trust and respect
- Dependable; strong sense of urgency and follow through, results oriented
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.