Technology has the potential to impact all of our lives in a significant way. That is why we believe we need to be intentional about the use of technology in tackling today’s challenges. In 2021, we started Blissgrowth to partner with exceptional co-founders to build the next generation of technology companies that focus on increasing human happiness at work and in life.
We are a startup studio and early stage fund. We have already built 2 global SaaS companies, raised over $100m, and have a track record in investing.
For our startup studio, we focus exclusively on purposeful ideas for which we carefully select strong co-founders. We then work closely alongside the founding team and support them attaining leadership in their space by offering strategic support across a range of topics, operational guidance in key functional areas, fundraising support and the first cheque of up to $500k, and on-going coaching/mentoring.
The businesses we work with are conscious-first which means they have (1) conscious leaders, (2) a conscious purpose, and (3) a conscious culture. We believe that our conscious-first approach will create companies which are good for society, will have happier teams, and will drive higher returns for investors.
Our bold vision is that businesses will be leading from the heart and not the mind, leading with love and not fear – and become truly conscious first in their approach. We believe businesses have a big responsibility to spread joy to the thousands or millions of people that are touched… whether it is the team, customers, investors, or society.
About the role
As an Investment Analyst, your primary focus will be understanding and researching industries, competitive landscapes, and potential start-up ideas. For significant opportunities, you will write investment cases/memos and work with the partners and potential founders towards executing the ideas. The role offers significant exposure to exciting business ideas and an opportunity to mould your skills within a start-up studio and early stage fund. You will be working alongside the Partners but also supporting co-founders and senior staff of our portfolio companies.
- Understand industries and market trends and write up your findings for future reference and use by the wider studio team
- Conduct in-depth markets and competitive landscape research for new start-up ideas for incubation
- Source opportunities to invest
- Support the preparation for launch and launch itself of new start-up ideas
- Support portfolio fundraising activities of portfolio companies incl. due diligence
- Assist our portfolio companies in finance, operations, market research and commercial execution
- Assist in the operations and marketing for Blissgrowth
- 1-2 years’ experience in the areas of venture capital, strategy consulting, investment banking or another highly relevant industry
- Educated to degree (achieved or close to First Class/with Distinction), preferably in finance, management, another numerate subject, or equivalent experience/education
- One (or more) of the following:
- Experience launching (even if unsuccessful) your own business
- Any startup work experience or experience working in product management in addition to the minimum experience listed above
- Previous experience of working with early-stage founders
- Previous experience conducting product and/or market research
We are only listing requirements that are important to us (rather than describing a hypothetical, ideal candidate that is unlikely to exist), so please only apply if you have the previous experience listed above.
- Base salary ranging from £50-80k, depending on your experience
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- An extra day of holiday for each year of tenure
- Flexible working hours and flexible working arrangements
- Becoming an early stage employee of a newly established studio (with other benefits also likely to follow as we grow the studio)
- Working incredibly closely with our portfolio companies and their teams, and getting exposure to a range of company cultures and business practices
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces a diverse and inclusive working environment.