Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at http://www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Blackstone Innovations Investments
Business Unit Overview
Blackstone Innovations Investments (BXII) is the early-stage investing arm within Blackstone. The team sits within the firm’s Technology and Innovations group and executes principal strategic investments in companies across the FinTech, PropTech, Cybersecurity and Enterprise Software spaces. BXII works closely with senior leadership across the firm to identify and partner with world-class technology companies that can help advance innovation within Blackstone and across its large ecosystem of portfolio companies.
Blackstone Innovations Investments – Analyst
As a team member of BXII, analysts will have a unique opportunity to invest in emerging companies that are well-positioned to benefit from a deeper relationship with the largest alternative asset manager in the world. You will work closely with BXII leadership and senior executives across Blackstone to build out thematic areas of interest for investment and conduct deep market research. A key focus of this position will also be sourcing, company due diligence and playing a meaningful role in executing investment opportunities.
A critical component of the team’s approach is to find synergies between BXII portfolio companies and the broader scale and resources of the Blackstone platform. This is done through a variety of activities including, but not limited to, tapping into the operating expertise of the firm, driving connectivity between management teams and Blackstone’s businesses, building collaborative vendor and customer relationships, and providing companies with access with Blackstone’s global network. You will help drive this engagement and support companies as they scale their business.
The ideal candidate should possess: resourcefulness and thoroughness; strong financial and analytical skills; experience or a demonstrated interest in technology; ability to work independently; good project management skills with the ability to multi-task; strong written, presentation and oral communication skills; passion and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Conduct market research on companies, industries, and identifying emerging trends
- Perform all relevant financial analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparables, and precedent transactions
- Prepare due diligence packs for the investment team, providing relevant, informative analytics and background research
- Conduct interviews with industry experts
- Prepare written summaries and presentation materials for the investment team
- Build detailed financial models on prospective deals
- Draft information memorandum and marketing materials for the investment team
- Market research, including industry and competitive analysis
- Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling
- Business diligence
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assistance in the execution and financing of transactions
- Track investment pipeline
- Engage with and actively cover BXII portfolio companies
- Supporting BXII leadership more broadly on special projects
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years experience with financial modeling and analysis
- A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
- An interest in technology, innovation and finance
- Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion to learn
- Good judgment
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.