Temasek and BlackRock, Inc have announced the establishment of a joint venture called Decarbonization Partners that will invest in the next generation of innovative decarbonization solutions and businesses to accelerate global efforts to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. This partnership represents an extension of Temasek and BlackRock’s commitment to sustainability, a core tenet of each firms’ forward strategies. This joint venture has the goal of democratizing net zero investing and establishing decarbonization and climate solutions as a new asset class.
Decarbonization Partners launched its initial fund in early 2022, focusing on next generation renewables and mobility including emerging fuel sources, grid solutions, battery storage, and EV / AV technologies. The fund evaluates frontier decarbonization sectors including carbon capture & storage, industrial applications, the built environment and manufacturing.
Decarbonization Partners deploys late-stage venture and growth equity capital across multi-stage investments. This allows the fund to provide flexible capital solutions across the cycle to scale businesses, platforms, and solutions driving emissions change.
BlackRock has an opportunity for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to join this newly established team. The role will give the candidate significant investment exposure on projects/deals across a wide range of sectors and geographies. The individual will work with an experienced senior team in a collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment. The role will have responsibility for project and financial modelling, deal assessment and execution, development and review of due diligence reports, market research, portfolio monitoring, and general analytics. The individual will also assist senior investment colleagues in preparing presentations, perform financial analysis and industry research.
- Running and developing financial models in order to analyze investment opportunities
- Working with the investment team to assess and execute investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review, preparation of presentation material for investment committee, etc.
- Performing market research, including research on potential investments, industries, competitors, etc.
- Assist in the monitoring of investments in the portfolio
- Involvement in providing portfolio reports and analytics for internal and external use
Experience & Skills
- Strong academic background
- 1-5 years of investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity related experience. Other relevant experience may be considered
- Strong understanding of private market investments
- Highly numerate with solid financial modelling and evaluation skills
- Experience of undertaking due diligence processes and reviewing finance and legal documentation is a plus
- Ability to work independently while also participating collaboratively as part of a team
- Solid project management skills; able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
- Strong presentation skills as well as strong oral and written communications skills
- Team-oriented; demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly and entrepreneurial team environment
- Culture fit is critical
- CFA, CAIA, or advanced degree is helpful
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.