It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $2T market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty—much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy mainstream investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. We manage over $1B and are growing quickly, with the world’s first and largest crypto index fund (ticker: BITW), the first and largest crypto equities ETF (ticker: BITQ), the first and largest DeFi index fund, and many other innovative crypto products. We focus on serving investment professionals—financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others—the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 60+ professionals. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including BlackRock, Blackstone, Meta, and Google, as well as the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team and take on important responsibilities to help Bitwise scale. You will report to the Active Portfolio Manager and will be a key resource in shaping and leading the investment process for Bitwise’s inaugural active management product. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some lifelong relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- Run core pieces of manager selection efforts providing due diligence on strategy, team, performance as well as financial modeling, valuation, and memorandums of investment recommendations for internal committees.
- Monitor ongoing investments and developments proactively through dialogue with managers and investor events with a proactive interest in the secondary market as relevant.
- Pursue and underwrite opportunistic investments as well as analyze major public blockchain networks and associated ecosystems while identifying research topics to generate unique insight for internal and external distribution.
- You will contribute to sourcing, developing and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with various industry founders and stakeholders, which may include client-facing responsibilities.
Who You Are
- You have 2-4 years of professional experience in digital assets research and/or investing, or traditional equity, credit, or macro research with deep knowledge in crypto.
- You have demonstrated experience and/or interest in manager selection for crypto venture and/or hedge funds.
- You have a deep interest in and existing knowledge of cryptocurrency networks and markets, and have preferably written public pieces about the space.
- You are skilled in financial analysis and modeling. You’re also skilled in at least one of the following: data analysis, markets and trading, software engineering, cryptography, or cybersecurity research.
- Your style is like ours: high-energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious, and open-minded. You’re inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, you take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and you’re always looking to improve.
- You have willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be dynamic in a rapidly evolving company and space. And you’re excited to work in crypto.
What We Offer
- Equity compensation as a component of all offers
- Health insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Health & dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Company-funded 401K plan, no matching required
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company-wide holidays
- Pending COVID, office spaces in San Francisco and New York
- Meals and snacks provided in office
- Paid company cell phone or monthly stipend
- Bitwise “Buddy” Program (30 day new-hire success program)
- Annual birthday and anniversary gifts
- Company-wide events