Hi there, thank you for your interest in our part-time investment analyst position. We are excited to learn more about you and why you want to join the BGV team!
We have designed this role for either a student or an operator 2-3 years into their career capable of working 15-20 hours per week over a 10-week time frame. The role is ideal for a curious builder who is looking to get exposure to venture capital at a next-generation venture firm. We welcome candidates with a wide variety of previous experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The deadline to apply for this position is October 25th, 2022 at 12:00 am PT.
About Behind Genius Ventures:
Behind Genius Ventures is an early stage venture firm investing in the future of work and the future of play, backed by world-leading tech investors with $10M+ in AUM. We invest $250k – $400k in preseed & seed founders powering the future of work and play across the US & Canada.
Core themes of our investing include:
– CONSCIOUS CONSUMER: Consumer preferences have evolved; sustainability, authenticity, trust, kindness, community through shared interests
– LONELINESS EPIDEMIC: Facilitating human connections via digital communities and gaming
– CREATOR AS A BUSINESS: ~200M people are content creators, and content creation is growing
– CONSUMERIZATION OF ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE: Consumers exposed to delightful consumer products expect similar products from enterprise solutions
– DEMOCRATIZING ACCESS: The rebellion against gate-kept opportunities and siloed data is underway We invest alongside world-leading tech investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Tribe Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, YC, Social Capital, and more.
As a community first fund, we leverage both our investor relationships & Paige’s twitter platform to support early stage founders. We also make introductions to downstream capital, coinvest with limited partners & do pitch practice sessions.
Expectations and Compensation: This role is intended to be a part-time position that can be done by students who are in school or by others who have the flexibility to take on additional work. You’ll mainly be supporting our investing work by conducting market & competitive landscape research, and creating publishable research driven content under the BGV theme(s) of your choosing.
Target Start Date: November 7th, 2022
Duration: 10 weeks Expected Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
Expected Availability: Flexible, specific work hours based on time zone and school schedule Compensation: $18.50 per hour, paid monthly
Qualifications and Preparations: The ideal applicant for this position will have some familiarity with venture capital or the startup ecosystem. We do not require previous work experience in venture or at a startup company, but enthusiasm for and familiarity with the industry will allow the candidate to maximize learning and contributions over the 10 weeks.
Current Undergraduate / MBA student or operator, based in the US Curiosity – we value iterative curiosity and we are looking for a candidate who enjoys learning and creatively applying new things from a variety of industries. Strong writing and communication skills
– A significant portion of this position will involve communicating with founders and coinvestors, primarily in writing. Strong, clear writing is essential for this role.
A history of publishing writing online is preferred, but not necessary. Willing to work independently –
This is a remote-friendly position where you’ll get some contact with the rest of the team, but most of the market research is expected to be performed independently.
How to Apply: The application will remain open until October 25th, 2022. We will review applications and send out interview invitations on a rolling basis. If you are interested in applying, please do so via this form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.