Atomic is a venture fund that founds companies. Founded in 2012, we believe that disruptive innovation is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline, and that building those ideas into businesses is not something that can be outsourced. We are engineers and entrepreneurs who build and operate the next generation of great companies.
The Research Analyst will be expected to fully own the strategy and execution of the projects that they work on, which will include researching a wide variety of industries, analyzing key industry & financials data, and synthesizing new business opportunities for our 0-to-1 team. This role is best suited for those who are comfortable breaking down complex problems into clear, communicable information about potential opportunities while working within a startup environment and coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
This role can be based in San Francisco (CA), Miami (FL), New York City (NY) or remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Getting in deep within specific industries (eg. real estate, financial services, healthcare, AI, etc,) to surface insightful trends and learnings, ultimately creating research reports and presentations to share with the Atomic partners.
- Identify key areas of opportunity based on catalysts such as regulatory changes, technological improvements, and consumer behavior trends.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including crafting user surveys, interviewing industry leaders, combing research databases, analyzing large data sets, etc.
- Develop reports and presentations that combine a variety of data sets to identify key trends and strategic opportunities for the business.
- Analyze business & financial metrics, such as business model, financial P&L, total addressable market, etc.
- Collaborate with the Atomic 0-to-1 team to ideate on and scope out new company prototypes.
What You Have:
- 2-6 years of experience as an analyst with a focus on industry research and financial analysis, such as investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or hedge fund.
- Masters in Finance or MBA a plus.
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and learn about new technologies and solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills; experience presenting findings and recommendations to executives and company leadership.
- Ability to clearly translate insights and comfortability presenting the findings.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.