At One Ventures
At One Ventures Analyst
At One Ventures, founded in 2020 and now operating out of its second fund, is a Silicon Valley-based VC firm backing early-stage deep tech entrepreneurs helping make humanity a net positive to nature. The firm has made 33 investments in early-stage deep tech companies with an AUM of $350M as of early 2023.
We are looking for an Analyst to join the At One Ventures team. The Analyst will work closely with the investment team on deal-making and investment thesis research.
Lead Investment Thesis Research
- Identify investment sectors with the potential to disrupt industries damaging the planet or restore ecosystems.
- Conduct thorough studies of those sectors, including market analysis, competitive landscaping, unit economics calculations, and interviews with industry experts, among others.
- Prepare reports presenting key conclusions that will be shared with our Limited Partners.
- Write blog articles that will be shared publicly.
Support deal making
- Support due diligence of investment opportunities, including technical feasibility and IP assessment, market analysis, competitive landscaping, unit economics and financial modeling, and interviews of industry experts and customers.
- Support the preparation of investment memorandum that will be shared with co-investors and Limited Partners
- Miscellany related to working at a relatively-new VC firm, which may include assisting with organizing events, supporting portfolio companies, and supporting internal operational needs.
Required Skills and Experiences
- 3+ years of work experience, ideally in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, startup incubation/acceleration, or consulting.
- A deep passion for the planet. We are a mission-driven firm focused on helping humanity be net-positive to nature. While having an extensive background in climate tech is not required for this role, you won’t be a cultural fit if you do not care about solving the climate crisis.
- Curiosity for new technologies (AI, robotics, biotech, etc.).
- Financial modeling skills, including advanced Excel proficiency. Should be comfortable with ROI analyses, 3-statement projections, and modeling of business cases/unit economics for customer value propositions.
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and methodic attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results with a high degree of accountability.
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action.
- Comfort with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages is a plus but not necessary.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Remote working from North America or Europe (UK or CET time zones). Our team is fully remote, so you should be prepared to work several hours that overlap with CET, UK, PT, and ET. Some light travel may be required.
Timing: Target start by Q2 or Q3 of 2023.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter here. In your cover letter, be sure to answer the following: Why do you want to be a deep tech climate investor and why are you uniquely suited for this role?
We will be accepting applications until March 10, 2023 at 9am PT. After that, the process is roughly as follows: a phone screen with Luke and Meryl, a take home project to give you a sense for the kinds of work you’d be doing with us, and calls with other members of our team (probably some combo of Tom, Laurie, Helen, Dilip, and Alisha).