Archer Venture Capital
Archer Venture Capital is seeking to expand its investment team with an Investment Analyst to support our continued growth. We are looking for self-starters who are passionate about the startup ecosystem and have a strong desire for personal and professional development.
Unlike many similar roles, this is not a 2-year program. We are looking for individuals who are eager to grow with the organization and will continue to expand their role and influence.
The Investment Analyst will work closely with the senior team and take on meaningful responsibility related to portfolio management, fund operations, investment thesis development, and deal execution. While successful candidates will be expected to support all aspects of the business, primary responsibilities to include:
– Sourcing new investment opportunities
– Conducting due diligence of new investment opportunities
– Developing presentations and investment memoranda
– Quarterly fund reporting
– Ad hoc projects to support existing investments
Skills & Experience
• 1-2 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, corporate development, management consulting or other transaction-oriented role(s).
• Strong analytical skills and deep financial expertise
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office products including Powerpoint and Word.
• General understanding of the transaction process
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Superior time management skills including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills, allowing for effective communication with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work effectively in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution required
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiarity with secondaries markets/transactions
• General understanding of private company financings, securities, and capitalization tables
• Experience in the Software or Data & AI sectors
We offer competitive compensation packages, including the potential to earn carried interest in future funds. Our benefits package covers health/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) savings plan. We foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion, personal and professional growth, and casual attire.
Founded in 2013, Archer is a growth equity investment firm specializing in direct secondaries. Now in its third fund, Archer provides liquidity solutions to founders, management teams, and early investors of market-leading companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.