Ananda Impact Ventures
Ananda Impact Ventures (https://ananda.vc) is looking for you if you would like to leverage your technical / engineering background to make a career move into Venture Capital. You have built a skillset in an area you’re passionate about which will complement your new tasks in a Venture Capital fund. Research is very important to us, we will be looking for your support in helping us look into novel and emerging technologies. We are hiring smart and self-motivated people, and in the role of an analyst/associate, you will be in charge of sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities.
Some of our more early-staged portfolio companies need some in-depth advice to help shape their product or technical strategy – an extra topic for you to be involved with apart from traditional analysts/associate tasks. Your software engineering knowledge and your experience working in startups and/or scale-ups will come in extremely handy when we perform due diligence on the technology and tech team component. Your responsibilities will include desk-based research to help us source and analyze new investments combined with the attendance of in-person events (conferences, hackathons, demo days) to network and build relationships within the entrepreneurial ecosystem. The role is based in London/UK. We work remotely but you should bring the willingness and ability to get in and around London on 2-3 days a week.
Your tasks will include the following but will not be limited to:
- Support the deal sourcing process including opportunity identification, due diligence support, structuring, and documentation
- Meet entrepreneurs, evaluate their teams and companies, and select the most interesting ones while building up and keeping close contact with founder networks and attending well-selected conferences as well as using dedicated research tools
- Process and investigate seed and early-stage impact investment opportunities regarding market size, management teams, business model, business plan, competitive landscape & positioning
- Support portfolio companies with in-depth advice to help shape their product or technical strategy
- Represent Ananda Ventures in the market both in the VC industry and in the start-up environment
- You are a product manager, software engineer or developer with some working experience in the start-up environment
- You are looking for a career change and to break into the Venture Capital eco-system
- You love playing around with cutting-edge technologies
- You believe technology can be an incredible tool for change and a positive impact on the world
- You have an entrepreneurial personality with a high degree of self-initiative and a strong interest in start-ups and venture capital
- You bring a strong interest in and high affinity with impact investing in the areas of health, education, future of work, sustainable consumption, etc.
- You are an open-minded, communicative, and proactive person, and the fun factor at work is as important as your career development initiatives
- You are eager and excited to learn new things, meet new people, and become part of new networks and communities
- You are having a hands-on mindset and attitude with a strong motivation to take ownership
Ananda Impact Ventures (https://ananda.vc) is the leading impact venture capital fund with a pan-European investment remit, managing ca. €200 million in four Core Impact Funds, with backing from notable institutional and private investors. Ananda backs technology businesses committed to having a positive impact that answers the most pressing social and ecological challenges of our time, in a way that is both scalable and sustainable. The active portfolio includes Klim (Carbon Farming), Open Bionics (bionic prostheses for children), IESO Digital Health (online psychotherapy), and Ororatech (which uses satellite technology to combat forest fires). For more about Ananda Impact Ventures, visit www.ananda.vc.
Ananda Impact Ventures is providing a family and life-friendly working environment including flexible working hours. We celebrate diversity and are fully committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore we also encourage non-traditional candidates to apply.
Sabine Scherer, Head of People