Alignment Growth invests in growth-stage companies across media, entertainment, and gaming (“MEG”) on a global scale. Alignment Growth seeks to drive value creation in partnership with its portfolio companies by leveraging its team’s senior executive operating, strategic, and dealmaking experience at global Fortune 500 MEG companies.
With over $100 million deployed to date, Alignment Growth’s investments include Fever, a live entertainment discovery platform; Crunchbase, a media information company and prospecting platform built on best-in-class company data; Spyglass Media Group, a global premium content company; and Build a Rocket Boy, a global video game developer focused on the future of AAA games.
About the Role
Alignment Growth is looking for an entrepreneurial and high energy, NYC-based investment professional to join our growing team. As an Investment Analyst, you’ll be a key player in each stage of the investment process, starting with deal origination and due diligence all the way through to portfolio company support. You’ll have the opportunity to meet and work with pioneering MEG companies and entrepreneurs; spearhead investment analysis; develop and explore your own investment themes; and obtain hands-on operational experience. This is a full-time position in Alignment Growth’s NYC office.
Who You Are (Qualifications)
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience, preferably in investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- Interested in and familiar with media, entertainment, gaming, and related industries
- Excellent quantitative skills, including financial modelling, analytical, and valuation skills
- A self-starter, with an ability manage multiple workstreams and anticipate next steps of action
- A disciplined professional with a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills with an ability to form educated opinions, articulate them, and present them effectively in larger team environments, including with Partners and Senior Advisors
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Screen and evaluate new investment opportunities, including spearheading the investment analysis (e.g., financial analysis, modeling, and valuation) and supporting other due diligence activities (e.g., commercial, legal, technological)
- Prepare and present thoughtful materials on new opportunities for the Investment Committee
- Explore big-picture investment themes and dig deep into ways to take advantage of emerging MEG trends
- Begin to build your industry network
- Work with Alignment Growth’s portfolio companies across a variety of cross-functional projects
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Base Salary Range: $75,000 – $125,000
- Actual salary will be determined through the interview process based on the successful candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, and skills
- The employee will also be eligible to receive incentive compensation, including an annual discretionary bonus and other potential incentive compensation at the firm’s discretion
- The firm offers paid time off (PTO), paid sick time off, and paid holidays
- Full-time employees are also eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including 401k plan and medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance, in each case in accordance with the terms of the respective plans
How To Apply
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please include “Full Name – 2023 Analyst Application.”
The deadline to apply is May 15, 2023. We will reach out to candidates to set interviews shortly thereafter.