ALANTRA is a global investment banking, asset management and portfolio advisory firm focusing on the mid-market with offices in 22 countries across Europe, the US, Latin America, and Asia. With over 500 professionals, the firm is publicly listed since 2015 with a €430Mn market capitalization as of May 2023.
Its Investment Banking division employs over 300 professionals, providing independent advice on M&A, debt advisory, financial restructuring, and capital markets transactions.
In Asset Management, Alantra offers its clients unique access to a wide range of investment strategies (direct investments, fund of funds, co-investments, and secondaries) in six highly specialized asset management classes (private equity, active funds, private debt, infrastructure, real estate, and venture capital) as well as private wealth management services.
Alantra’s Portfolio Advisory team is the leading portfolio advisory unit in Europe, with over 160 seasoned professionals across the UK, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, and Greece dedicated to transaction execution, structuring, pricing, modelling, and data enhancement in relation to credit portfolios and banking platform.
For more information, please visit www.alantra.com
Corporate Venture Capital Advisory Unit
The Corporate Venture Capital Unit collaborates with the most ambitious corporates in their CVC strategy, providing end to end investment and strategic advice, including deal flow origination, negotiation and execution of the investments and portfolio management support.
The CVC Unit is part of Alantra Tech Vertical, a new business unit comprising tech related business and capabilities in the areas of AI/data analytics and consultancy, Investment banking, CVC, and others. The CVC Unit is passionate about investing in strong European companies and helping them develop a global footprint.
We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial-minded and self-driven full-time analyst to join our CVC investment team. Based in Madrid, you will work in a highly entrepreneurial and inspiring environment and become an integral part of our team.
As a Venture Capitalist Analyst, you will contribute to deal sourcing, due diligence, investment analysis, and portfolio management. Your expertise and strategic insights will be instrumental in identifying promising investment opportunities and guiding our portfolio companies towards success. Main tasks to be performed by the candidate include:
- Start-ups deal flow sourcing: Actively network with industry stakeholders, participate in start-up related events, research major industry trends and identify most promising investment opportunities.
- Financial modelling: Identification of main business KPIs, analyze company’s traction, construct financial projections, conduct valuation analysis, and assess the impact of proposed transactions.
- Preparation of investment memos: Preparation of the investment document to be presented to the IC and that will; summarize investment information, highlight key value drivers, and assess main risks of the operation.
- Monitoring and management of portfolio companies, providing strategic guidance and support to drive growth and value creation.
In order for you to be successful in the journey this role will take you on, we do expect you to have some experience in both early as well as growth stage investing.
- At least one year of experience in M&A or Venture Capital/PE.
- Keen interest and understanding of the startup ecosystem, market dynamics, and emerging trends.
- Strong skills in financial modelling.
- Highly analytical profile, supported by a strong sense of business acumen.
- Proficiency (both written and spoken) in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- International profile is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) with the ability to distil complex information into clear and concise reports.