25madison is an NYC-based venture capital platform that builds and invests in early-stage B2B software companies. We partner with entrepreneurs from the earliest stages to build breakout businesses at our studio and invest in Pre-Seed to Series A opportunities from our venture fund. Our team has shaped strategy, shipped code, and created business verticals at some of the most prestigious enterprises, including Flatiron Health, Snap, Lyft, LinkedIn, Google, GoodRx, Goldman Sachs, and Daily Harvest. We share a common background as builders and operators, with a drive to help entrepreneurs move fast and build great companies. Across our platform, we have an alliance of corporate partners who serve as thought partners and early customers for our companies, and our in-house platform team spans product research, product design, software development, business development, acquisition marketing, brand marketing, back office, and more.
About the Job
The Venture Development Analyst role mixes hands on work from across our platform, including startup creation, traditional venture investing, business development, community building and portfolio company management. Additionally, the Venture Development Analyst role will offer exposure to senior executives at 25madison and across our portfolio and incubations.
Who You Are
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience, preferably in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, or similar and with a focus on B2B software
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic
- Intellectually curious with an appreciation for debate and truth seeking
- A comfort with the uncertainty and ambiguity inherent to early-stage business creation
- A knowledge of and passion for the early-stage ecosystem across sectors
- Exceptional verbal and visual communication abilities and professional presence
- Possess a high level of financial and analytical rigor
- Desire to go deep in new industries and problem spaces by conducting qualitative and quantitative research, validating product-market fit, and iterating to identify a solution
- Bonus points if you’ve gotten your hands dirty and promoted innovation for a product, technology, or process within an organization
What You’ll Do
- Conduct diligence on investment opportunities, markets and incubations through desk research, structured user research and more
- Help us identify, test, and iterate on our next cohort of incubated startups
- Support CEOs and functional leads at portfolio companies
- Build financial models for our startups
- Define and execute on go-to-market strategy for startup companies in B2B verticals
- Help identify, research and pitch new corporate partners and support current corporate partner relationships
- Execute events for both corporate partners and our founder community
- Support administrative needs across the platform
Target Annual Base Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000. Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity, annual discretionary bonus, or other benefits offered by the Company, as applicable.
25madison is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.