116th Street Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a fast growing, network-powered venture capital firm disrupting the VC industry. We are democratizing venture investing by allowing individuals the opportunity to invest into previously inaccessible startups.
We believe in growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to challenge the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by our mission, we are growing rapidly, with over 180 employees and 20 investing teams working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH. AV is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
AV has raised over $1B to date from thousands of investors and is the third most active VC in the world (Pitchbook 2021) with over 1,000 portfolio companies. We recently won several awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 (Financial Services) and Bezinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. AV invests alongside well-known lead investors such as Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins and Bessemer.
The Venture Analyst Program is a role designed for college graduates interested in a career in venture capital or entrepreneurship. No prior VC experience is required. This is a paid, full-time, year-long position (with second and third year optional and subject to approval). This role is based full-time out of our New York office with our 116th St Ventures team.
We encourage individuals from all genders, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds to apply; as with other searches at AV, we’re looking for a diverse group of candidates with different backgrounds & experiences, consistent with AV’s Just Cause of expanding the community of entrepreneurship.
- Assists with research and analysis of markets, companies, entrepreneurs, with the primary goal of helping the team vet and identify investment opportunities
- Assists with social media outreach and email communication to target companies in order to tee up Moment of Truth Calls
- Helps prepare inputs to due diligence reports, memos, nomination forms, emails, etc.
- Completes administrative duties to leverage team
- Attends industry networking events, building a venture social media presence, and representing AV’s mission and brand
- Executes special projects for other team members
- Follows AV’s playbook, processes, and systems
- Spends time listening, learning, taking notes, and generally absorbing as much as possible
- Success in this job is centered around leveraging the time and efficiency of more senior teammates and generally being a positive force in the office
- Deal judgment is largely deferred in this role to more experienced iTeam members
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or VC
- Strong work ethic, initiative, hustle
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Personal curiosity
- Organized, reliable, efficient, adept at multi-project management
- Flexible, able to quickly pivot
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated —ability to manage up
Education & Experience
- The Analyst role is geared toward college graduates with :0 – 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- The base compensation for this role is $65,000 with equity in Alumni Ventures.