Seaya is an international VC platform that invests in exceptional founders building leading tech companies that have a sustainable approach. We invest in a wide range of sectors, e.g. Sustainability, Fintech, SaaS, Industry 4.0 value chain, etc. The platform currently manages +€600M and has partnered with global disruptors and unicorns such as Glovo (acquired by Delivery Hero, top 5 Tech exit in Europe in recent years), Wallbox (public, NYSE:WBX) and Cabify (ride-hailing market leader).
Seaya looks to be the lead investor in early-stage businesses; we are a hands-on partner to the founding team and help them grow their business internationally using our deep sector expertise, operational know-how and international network. We are a very close and horizontal team. Work is fun, while autonomy, exposure and responsibility are high. Our values are: i) do the right thing, ii) care about founders & investors, iii) excellence, iv) look for win/win outcomes, v) be brave in building convictions, and vi) be humble and open to learning constantly.
An exciting and diverse role, the Senior Principal has a leading role in the investment team. Key responsibilities include:
- Deal origination: source new deals through networking and proactive outbound in strategic sectors/ themes
- Deal execution: point of contact with entrepreneurs, lead conviction and generate deal momentum, project mgmt. of the deal including internal and external due diligence, manage junior members, legal negotiations and presentations to investment committee
- Portfolio management: board director monitor and add value to companies leveraging Seaya’s Platform, manage follow-ons and exit path, early identification of risks and mitigation plans
- Brand building and fundraising
Motivation: ambition to play a leading role and make a huge impact as part of an inspiring & high-growth pan-European platform
Network: deep network in a key European Tech hub, good network across Europe
- At least 4-5 years experience in Venture Capital
- An additional 3+ years of previous experience in relevant sectors (Investment Banking, Strategic Consulting or Tech start-ups/scale-ups)
- Well-rounded, with strong communication / interpersonal and analytical skills
- Curious, motivated and enthusiastic, self-starter and autonomous, confident with gravitas and strong values
Language skills: English (professional), another European language is an advantage