Come build the future with us! The Investment and Partnership department is conducting and developing tech-related investment theses, and evaluating opportunities from a technical angle. You will have the chance to apply your experience and learn about investment research, evaluation, and post-investment management in this fast-growing industry.
- Track and analyze industry trend pertaining to key development in gaming-related tech.
- Participate and lead the process within the investment team to develop tech-related investment theses, industry mapping, deal sourcing, potential portfolio evaluation, negotiation, and the due diligence process.
- Provide strong technical analysis and feedback on potential investments.
- Provide insights to the investment team on the target company’s technology architecture and engineering infrastructure, and evaluate the technical feasibility of potential investments, including assessing the technology and engineering risks associated with a potential investment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential investment partners, including entrepreneurs, industry executives, and other investors.
- Communicate effectively with internal team leaders and external partners.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members as necessary.
- Passion for tech/gaming/the broader entertainment industry.
- Technical Experience: To understand developers and advanced game technology, you should have at least 2-3 years of experience or a degree in the field of Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant disciplines.
- Investment Related experience: At least 1 year of exposure to investment-related work, either through VC, PE, or Equity research. You have the ability to understand how technical aspects can impact a target company’s business.
- Technical Due Diligence Experience: Prior experience conducting technical due diligence or expertise in analyzing the technical aspects of a company.
- Schedule flexibility: This role will collaborate across time zones with team members across Asia and North America.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Excellent Communication Skills: The candidate must have excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to support multiple projects.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills with ability to comfortably interact with internal team leaders and potential partners in a professional manner.
- Language Proficiency: Native/bilingual level in English, fluency in Chinese is an added advantage.
About NetEase Games:
NetEase Games is one of the largest and most renowned game developers worldwide by size, revenue and game offerings. Over the years NetEase Games has focused on developing high quality content and providing the best experience for gamers around the world. The company has more than one hundred genre defining and innovative games in operation. Recent games include Naraka: Bladepoint, Knives Out, Onmyoji, Identity V, Diablo Immortal, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, among many other acclaimed titles.