Circulate Capital is an investment management firm dedicated to financing companies that prevent ocean plastic and advance the circular economy. Circulate Capital has $140m assets under management and invests in two strategies: Asian Recycling Supply Chain and Circulate Capital Disrupt. The former focuses on the prevention of mismanaged plastic waste in South and Southeast Asia, regions that contribute disproportionately to ocean plastic pollution. Circulate Capital Disrupt is a companion venture strategy that invests globally in disruptive technologies at the nexus of climate tech and circular plastics, including innovative materials, alternative delivery models, advanced recycling technologies and deep technologies that apply big data and artificial intelligence to expand circular supply chains. Founding investors include PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Dow, Danone, CHANEL, Unilever, The Coca-Cola Company, Mondelez and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC. To learn more, visit the website at https://www.circulatecapital.com/ and watch Circulate Capital Announces $100M of Committed Capital video.
Title: Senior Investment Manager, Innovation
Report To: Head of Innovation Investments
Location: Europe or USA (remote)
Circulate Capital is looking to hire an accomplished venture capital Senior Investment Manager to prepare and coordinate the development of the Circulate Capital Disrupt (CCD) strategy. CCD will invest globally in creative technologies at the nexus of climate tech and circular plastics. These include innovative materials, alternative delivery models, advanced recycling technologies and deep technologies that apply big data and artificial intelligence to expand circular supply chains. The Senior Investment Manager will be responsible for guiding high-quality deal flow, performing due diligence, completing investments, and handling the portfolio to support the effective growth of companies and eventual exits. As the Senior Investment Manager, you will report to the Head of Innovation Investments. This is a full-time position with travel required for the effective execution of responsibilities.
- Conduct market research on industry trends, sectors, and companies and develop a point of view for Circulate Capital Disrupt
- Source innovation investments globally via networks and research.
- Take investor pitch meetings with entrepreneurs, evaluate investments and track deal flow
- Direct due diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, reference calls, negotiations and closing
- Working with portfolio company management teams regularly to guide the growth of their business in achieving both financial and impact targets, serving as Board observer for some companies
- Coordinate with the Impact team and compliance team to ensure targets are set, achieved, and reported
- Contribute to LP engagement and PR/Comms strategy as needed
- Represent Circulate Capital at industry events and build relationships within the startup and investor ecosystems
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services
At least 5 to10 years of Venture Capital or growth capital investment experience (pre-Series A/Series A/B); preference for sector experience in alternative materials to plastic or similar sectors such as synthetic biology, manufacturing or supply chain
- Background in chemistry/biotechnology and experience in judging startups in these areas
- Proven interest in solving complex environmental issues
- Solid history and experience through a deal lifecycle
- Proven ability to support and guide management teams in building their businesses, implementing systems, processes, and governance at an international level
- Expertise in deal sourcing & analysis, deal structuring, due diligence, and closing processes
- Have professional networking skills, motivated to build new relationships
- Adept at coaching and engaging with remote, multicultural teams using collaboration tools, such as Google Suite, Microsoft, and CRMs
We are actively creating a workplace where authentic communication, collaboration, and inclusion enable people to become their best selves both personally and professionally while having a career with purpose and impact. Circulate Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Market Research, Impact Investing, Due Diligence, Deal Analysis, Deal Sourcing