Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshest products at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotes development and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is seeking a Senior Manager, Venture to manage and execute investment opportunities in in early-to-mid-stage start-ups, lead venture due diligence efforts, and recommend investment in key or emerging categories. In this position, you will project manage active deals through the Venture investment and senior leadership approval processes, conduct detailed valuations, regularly meet with founders and investors to support success of the portfolio, and lead ongoing US portfolio reporting.
Responsible for sourcing, negotiation, and execution of investments as well as follow-on rounds. There will be a focus on sectors aligned with Bimbo Ventures US investment themes.
- Lead multiple, concurrent Venture deals in various funding rounds from sourcing through transaction and ongoing support:
- Manage and continually fill US Venture opportunity pipeline
- Maintain ongoing relationships with founders, entrepreneurs, investment banks, VC/PE funds, and other relevant industry connections; attend industry trade shows and events as appropriate to represent Bimbo Ventures US
- Develop project deliverables and executive presentation documents for investment approvals
- Lead primary and secondary research in new areas being explored for investment
- Frame discussion of findings and recommendations
- Become a trusted advisor on all matters pertaining to Venture
- Lead and manage connection of internal resources with portfolio companies to support growth
- Assist portfolio companies in identifying and developing plans to close performance gaps
- Support assessment of inorganic opportunities beyond Venture where appropriate (e.g.,, commercial pilots, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, licensing relationships, etc.)
- Educate leaders and brand teams within Bimbo Bakeries USA about emerging trends and innovations in the startup ecosystem relevant to the core business
- Manage an Analyst/Sr. Analyst as a direct report, determining their workflow and ensuring their ongoing development
- Perform other job-related duties as needed
- Problem Solving, Analytics, Independent Work Structuring and Management, and Communications
- Ability to structure and solve complex problems using a hypothesis-driven approach, independently manage projects through completion, and provide thought leadership to colleagues and team members
- Proficient in creating insights and recommendations through applying advanced data analytics and financial concepts
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to synthesize and effectively communicate key messages
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- People, Teamwork and Leadership
- Strong executive presence, collaboration, relationship building and influence skills
- High cross-cultural awareness
- A team player able to work with and through others with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Intense business curiosity
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time
- Orientation towards people development, tailoring projects and work priorities to help nurture talent and extended through regular coaching and feedback
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity investing, venture capital, or with a start-up company
- Experience with project and stakeholder management
- Experience with due diligence processes including financial modeling and analysis, intellectual property reviews, corporate governance assessments, reviewing material agreements and operational capabilities of target investments, etc.
- Experience with venture or innovation deals, from ideation and sourcing to execution
- Experience preparing and delivering executive-level presentations
- Experience with forging relationships with startup founders, investors, and corporate executives
- Ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately and execute them to completion independently
- Willingness to travel up to 10% based on business demand. Travel is typically infrequent.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or another advanced degree from a top program preferred
The physical and mental demands described in each job posting are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of each job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of each job.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, any other classification protected by law.