Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate to join the Philadelphia area office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
The Senior Associate position is an exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm, revolutionizing corporate venture capital. As a Senior Associate, you will work on a lean and nimble team, evaluating venture capital investment opportunities and helping impact the innovation strategies at some of the world’s most successful corporations.
This position will start out remote, but will be based in the Philadelphia office in the long term
- Sourcing – identify and screen potential investment opportunities
- Due Diligence – evaluate all critical components of target investments
- Deal Execution – execute new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring returns analysis, legal diligence)
- Financial analysis
- Ecosystem Building / Market Research – engage all aspects of the entrepreneurial ecosystem (investors, founders, thought leaders) and represent Touchdown
- Special projects – spearhead firm development and thesis-building initiatives
- Executive communication – creating presentations, interfacing, and collaborating with our corporate partners and their key stakeholders
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience, preferably in vc, investment banking, private equity or corporate development. Transaction experience required; MBA preferred, but not required.
Ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including research and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Strong thesis and presentation development
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital, corporate innovation and startups.
- Proactive, humble mindset; constantly seeking new approaches/improvements to processes
- Excellent writing skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage
- Project management skills and ability to work independently and manage team’s progress and deliverables
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Exemplary follow-through with minimal supervision