Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
The Senior Associate position is an exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm, revolutionizing corporate venture capital.
As a Senior Associate, you will work on a lean team, sourcing and evaluating venture capital investment opportunities, planning and executing the diligence process, and developing an investment thesis and strategic case.
This position will be based out of the Philadelphia office.
1. Investment Activities
- Sourcing – identify and screen potential investment opportunities, run deal flow review with the team
- Due Diligence – evaluate all critical components of target investments and plan and execute diligence process
- Financial analysis – prepare market sizing, competitive analysis, cap table, P&L, and returns analysis
- Deal Execution – execute new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal review)
2. Ecosystem Building / Market Research
- Engage all aspects of the entrepreneurial ecosystem (investors, founders, thought leaders) and represent Touchdown
3. Client support
- Create and present materials, build relationships, interface and collaborate with our corporate partners and their key stakeholders
Minimum 6+ years work experience, preferably in vc, corporate development, consulting, investment banking or private equity.
Transaction experience required; MBA preferred, but not required.
Ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including research and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Strong thesis and presentation development
- Executive communication skills both, writing and presentation skills
- Project management skills and ability to work independently and manage team’s progress and deliverables
- Exemplary follow-through with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital, corporate innovation and startups
- Building relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Proactive, humble mindset; constantly seeking new approaches/improvements to process
Industry competitive – includes base salary, bonus, profit share, and full benefits.