We are more than a health system. We are a belief system. We believe wellness and sickness are both part of a lifelong partnership, and that everyone could use an expert guide. We work hard, care deeply and reach further to help people uncover their own power to be healthy. We inspire hope. We learn, grow, and achieve more – in our careers and in our communities.
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Consultant for New Ventures & Business Incubation (NVBI) supports the comprehensive assessment and implementation of innovation that strategically impacts OhioHealth’s care delivery and business models. The position requires strong self-motivation and the ability to methodically analyze qualitative and quantitative research on new products, services & companies. The position also supports the commercialization of internally incubated concepts. The Senior Consultant must possess the ability to simplify complex and ambiguous topics as well as communicate in a compelling manner.
The NBVI team serves as key advisors to executive leadership in the development and acceleration of corporate strategy & transformation and holds responsibility for creating, managing & monitoring OhioHealth’s strategic venture investments.To learn more about NVBI at OhioHealth, please go to https://www.ohiohealth.com/nvbi
· MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
· Previous healthcare, startup and/or venture investment experience.
· Previous experience with third party market research platforms and
databases, i.e. PitchBook, Nielson, etc.
· Experience with intellectual property and/or grant research.
· Previous implementation experience including formulating, deploying, and
measuring (pilot) projects.
Bachelor’s Degree: Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, engineering and/or life sciences.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to quickly articulate a problem, formulate key questions, and identify solutions with supporting rationale.
- The ability to multitask and support several projects simultaneously with the flexibility and nimbleness to shift priorities day-to-day.
- Synthesize an opportunity based on limited data and, in some cases, with great ambiguity.
- Tailor messages to simplify key points, and communicate perspectives in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- The ability to influence people through collaboration and goal alignment.
- Experience in venture capital, strategy, business development, startup experience or another related field.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint; able to produce well-designed, professional looking presentations.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
… if your passion is to work in a caring environment
… if you believe that learning is a life-long process
… if you strive for excellence and want to be among the best in the healthcare industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
OhioHealth is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. OhioHealth does not discriminate against associates or applicants because of race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, military status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, familial status, or other characteristics protected by law. Equal employment is extended to all person in all aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any other term or condition of employment