Offline Ventures is looking for a passionate, curious, and driven Senior Investment Associate to join the firm’s dynamic and growing team. Your primary role will be to source candidate venture deals and support our broader investment process. To that end, you will forge strong relationships with early stage founders and serve as the face of Offline Ventures at events within the technology ecosystem around thematic focus areas, such as AI. Your purview is not just tied to investments, the firm is looking for someone who enjoys every aspect of company building – who is intrigued by the chaos of the new, the excitement of the uncertain, and the potential of the undiscovered. Furthermore, you will collaborate closely with our seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and investors and have the opportunity to bring your own investment ideas, theses, technical and market knowledge to the table. This role is based in the San Francisco, Bay Area.
– Sourcing & Execution: Spearhead the identification, evaluation, and consummation of promising investment opportunities within sectors such as AI, consumer tech, health tech, and deep tech.
– Due Diligence: Execute comprehensive and insightful due diligence that encompasses the evaluation of business models, financials, market prospects, team dynamics, and other key factors.
– Community Engagement: Act as the Offline Venture ambassador at industry events, cultivating strong relationships with early stage founders, seasoned operators, and investors, particularly within the AI ecosystem.
– Contribution to Offline’s Studio Model: Support the evolution of our incubation studio model.
– 4-8 years of professional, relevant experience in some combination of venture capital, management consulting, private equity and/or product management.
– Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the tech ecosystem, particularly sectors like AI, consumer tech, health tech, and deep tech.
– Proven ability to forge strong relationships with early-stage founders and maintain a strong network within the startup and tech community.
– Innate curiosity and a rapid learning capability coupled with an unyielding passion for company building in its multifaceted nature.
– Prior entrepreneurial efforts, early stage start-up experience, high growth operational experience and/or endeavors showcasing genuine passion for nurturing startups and company building.
-Exceptional communication skills and a natural knack for engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders.
– Eagerness to contribute to a growing firm and the ability to learn from seasoned operators, entrepreneurs, and investors.