New North Ventures
New North Ventures is a distinctive venture fund with a strategic mission created from the partnership of technology entrepreneurs and former leaders in the intelligence community. Recognizing that digital threats are no longer nation-state focused, New North Ventures is advancing information integrity through investing in early stage companies who power trust and the speed of decision making.
The fund was co-founded by Brett Davis (former Navy and CIA) and Jeremy Hitchcock (co-founder of Dyn acquired by Oracle and co-founder of Minim (NASDAQ: MINM)). New North Ventures invests in artificial intelligence, cyber security and next-gen communication sectors and was launched in 2021. For more information, visit https://newnorthventures.com
We are looking for an Associate to join our team and help build our investment practice. We are company builders and operators and looking for a finance-oriented, mission-driven, and team oriented person. They will get to join an emerging fund and help build the foundation of a franchise.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be building and supporting our portfolio and brand while developing your professional skills, reputation, network and deal leadership expertise.
- Opportunity work – You’ll help us find, meet, and consider the best opportunities for investment. This will be through analysis of market data, building relationships, drafting term sheets, negotiating and trading with founders and other firms, and building a sought-after reputation.
- Portfolio work – You’ll help us develop our portfolio companies through their challenges. You will get to see how their opportunities and challenges unfold and lean in when and only when it is appropriate.
- Fund support – You’ll help us build the fund’s operating system from sourcing, diligence, portfolio management, portfolio construction, administration, and marketing. We have a larger mission to expand the relationship between public and private sectors so it’s imperative to get this right.
- Other duties as assigned – You’ll help us define what a venture capital firm of the future is. We traditionally bring together capital and companies but it’s more about connecting people and ideas. What else can we do with the model?
- Prior experience at an investment fund and/or relevant advisory firm
- Strong financial management with private equities and early stage cash flows/non-financial KPIs
- A communicator who can understand entrepreneurial optimism, financial realities and a contrarian for trend spotting – able to use prose, slides, and spreadsheets to tell a narrative
- MBA a plus
- Technical background a plus
- Exceptional team orientation and integrity
- Grit, hunger, bust-through walls mentality
- Sense of competitive spirit and personality
- Competitive salary
- Bonus / equity
- Health insurance
How To Apply
- Send a resume and/or LinkedIn URL to email@example.com
- Answer the following questions (short paragraph responses for each are fine)
- Why New North Ventures?
- Why you?
- Explain what unique skill set you possess to help drive our mission?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?