MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B – Be Humble
- L – Lead with Empathy
- O – Own It
- C – Communicate Clearly
- K – Kaizen
What You’ll Own In The Team
- Partner with business leaders to drive market insights and competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives
- Deliver recommendations to senior team members that shape company and product strategy by coordinating market research and synthesizing findings.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end investment and M&A processes, including identifying the priority areas for MoonPay to pursue investments & M&A
- Sourcing opportunities, driving market and financial due diligence, and financial modeling.
- Cultivate relationships across the crypto ecosystem with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Train and mentor other members of the Corporate Development team and invest in enhancing existing processes, and recruiting and developing new team members.
What You’ll Do
- Manage inbound deal flow and help source outbound deal flow
- Develop financial analyses for M&A and investment opportunities
- Help to make decisions around investments – conduct diligence about the company, research the broader market, help craft theses around investments, analyze competitive landscapes and market read-outs
- Help to manage a portfolio of companies in the web3 space
- Set up the processes for MoonPay’s investment platform
You Should Apply If ✅
- 3+ years of overall experience in Corporate development, Growth Equity or Investment Banking
- Minimum 2 years of investment banking experience (analyst or associate)
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Technology, Business or equivalent practical experience
- Interest and certain experience/knowledge in/about the Web3 space. First hand experience with Web 3.0, blockchain, NFTs, DeFi, DAOs, and other crypto-native technologies is a plus
- You are an organized, execution-oriented person who is willing to wear many hats
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-starting; strategic thinking skills coupled with strong tactical execution; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with excellent prioritization and task management skills
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy the challenges that come with it
- You live by 80/20 and are able to continuously prioritize your work
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Culture and Fit Interview (30 minutes)
- Take Home Project Deep Dive (45 minutes)
- Live M&A modeling test (60 minutes)
- Final Interview (45 minutes)