This group creates, aggregates, and leverages information to provide knowledge for near-term and long-term investment opportunities at the fund. This candidate will be working with 3 other seniors on the team with an impressive pedigree across investing, operations, and academia.
The Senior Research Analyst will play a foundational role in building the fund’s knowledge creation and management capability for therapeutics, life sciences tools, and diagnostics. This role is an opportunity for an exceptional researcher to work alongside our senior investment team to build an industry-leading research function that will inform investment decisions and strategy, advise existing portfolio companies on R&D and commercial strategies, and originate and develop new theses to help shape the future of life sciences innovation.
• Key contributor for the design, build, and implementation of a firm-wide research function
• Collect, collate, and contextualize the data required to identify and support the most promising teams and technologies in the life sciences sector
• Become an expert in particular therapeutic areas, therapeutic modalities, and other technology areas of interest
• Identify and interview industry subject matter experts, key opinion leaders, physicians, academic researchers, management from early-stage companies – and use this external network to diligence new opportunities and support portfolio companies
• Stay current on key trends in the life sciences by reading scientific publications, integrating automation tools, and attending scientific and industry conferences
• Complete detailed market assessments, including current standards of care, competitive landscapes, evaluation of unmet needs, and other deep scientific and clinical due diligence
• Advise portfolio companies on topics that might include target selection, pipeline and clinical strategy, business development, and new applications of novel technologies
• MD and/or PhD in scientific discipline, or equivalent research experience
• 2-6 years experience in consulting, equity research, or relevant operating role
• Passion for scientific and technical research, combined with a commercial orientation
• Interest in translational innovation and partnering with early-stage entrepreneurs
• Strong writing skills required, programming experience a plus
• Hard work ethic, attention to detail, self-motivated, organized, intellectually curious
• Fields of particular interest include immunology, oncology, metabolism, bioinformatics, and bioengineering
Background of the Fund
The fund backs founders solving critical problems in health. To advance its mission of creating a healthier world through the life sciences and healthcare technology, they have built a multidisciplinary team of investors, combined with an expansive, long-term network of entrepreneurs, academic institutions, and co-investors. With over $600 million under management, the firm creates and invests in early-stage companies across the healthcare ecosystem with the goal of supporting them through multiple rounds of financing. The team is based in New York City, with investors in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Gainesville, and Zurich.