About Insurtech Gateway:
Insurtech Gateway is the specialist insurtech investor with its own FCA authorised Incubator and Venture Capital Fund. It is the fastest place to build and launch an insurtech idea. We provide founders with insurance underwriting paper, advice on how to design and build an insurtech product, and investment from Pre-Seed through to Series B stage. We are a hybrid team of entrepreneurs, tech innovators and insurance experts. We look at problems from unusual angles and combine our breadth of knowledge to ﬁnd unique solutions.
We believe in the power of insurance and exist to support the next generation of insurtech founders, who share our vision of creating revolutionary insurance products. The companies in our portfolio are taking on the most challenging concepts the space has to offer, from the world’s first cryptocurrency insurance to building brand new products around instant event-based pay-outs.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our London office. As part of this role, you will get experience across all areas of the VC role, with the key focus on deal sourcing, leading the investment process, and providing support to our portfolio companies. This person will become the central point of contact for our origination and investment processes. This is a position of significant responsibility and requires an organised, friendly, and entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about the future of insurance, technology, and entrepreneurship, this could be a great role for you.
- Origination: You will source, screen, analyse and track start-ups that are relevant to our investment strategy. As our boots-on-the-ground, you must be likeable, presentable, and confident thinking on your feet.
- Investment: You will quickly learn the fundamentals of venture capital investing and develop an in-depth understanding of the insurtech landscape. You will develop your own investment theses and produce best-in-class, independent due diligence. You will be able to balance cynicism with excitement and be confident in making decisions based on limited data points.
- Portfolio support: You will be an integral part of our ongoing commitment to our founders. Working closely with the Partners, you will add value to companies in our portfolio by providing support across operations, strategy and fundraising.
- Network: You will need to be a natural networker, equally adept at managing relationships as you are data, to build close relationships with founders, investors and actors across the insurtech ecosystem.
- Relevant experience: 3-5 years of industry experience in a relevant field (including VC, PE, entrepreneurship, investment banking, insurance) or a field we may not expect that makes us hugely excited by the perspective and experience you would bring.
- Strong analytical skills: Experience with financial modelling and analysing company financials, and an ability to demonstrate strong commercial judgement and making decisions grounded in both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Emotional intelligence and communication: Superior communication skills, both interpersonal and written. Ability to build long-lasting relationships.
- Strong work ethic: An unrelenting work ethic and relentless attention to detail.
- Genuine passion: For the insurance, financial services, and technology sectors, as well as some domain expertise across all three.
- Energy and enthusiasm: A highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable outside your comfort zone.
- Values and standards: Integrity, respect for others and a commitment to hold yourself to the highest standards.
What you would get:
- Compensation: Highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes pension contribution and other best-in class benefits.
- Team: Opportunity to work with a close-knit and highly motivated team of investors, innovators and entrepreneurs building the future of insurance.
- Learning: All the resources you will need to learn and grow.
Applying for this role:
To be considered for this position, please email your CV and a company you would recommend for investment to email@example.com with the subject ‘Senior Associate candidate – your name’.