VC Associate / Sr. Associate @ Clearvision Ventures in Menlo Park, CA
About Clearvision Ventures
Clearvision Ventures is an independent, long-term, and stage-agnostic venture capital fund that invests in category-leading companies at the intersection of sustainable infrastructure and software that leverages AI/ML, Security, and IoT. We invest out of long-term evergreen funds with $175MM in commitments and no end-of fund life—thereby avoiding many of the conflicts typical in the venture industry—we take a true long-term, entrepreneur-aligned, and differentiated view to financing. Additionally, we take a research driven approach in building domain expertise and in identifying the future category leaders. Finally, we recently organized a $150MM late stage / Pre-IPO fund to invest in established category leaders from within our portfolio as well as new relationships.
The Fund was founded in 2015 and has made about 20 investments to date. The portfolio is comprised of established and emerging category leaders including: Aclima, Autogrid (Acq. Schneider) ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT), Claroty, FiscalNote (NYSE: NOTE), Jupiter Intelligence, NCX, Orbital Insight, Persefoni, PubNub, Sitetracker, Tomorrow.io, Zingbox (Acq. Palo Alto Networks) and Zum Services. Additionally, we like to understand the ESG impact of all our investments, especially in how they might impact sustainability.
The senior team are all entrepreneurs who have started successful technology companies and have 20+ years of VC experience. The Fund is led by Dan Ahn, who has 20+ years of experience as a venture capitalist in Silicon Valley. He was the lead investor and founding VC of numerous successful companies, including AutoGrid, Analogix and ChargePoint, and is a former entrepreneur.
Clearvision Ventures is hiring an Associate or Senior Associate to participate in the end-to-end investment process, ranging from market category identification and research, thesis generation, deal sourcing, deal execution, and portfolio management. The Associate will work directly with the Managing Partner as part of a lean investment team. Ideally, the Associate would be able to grow into more senior roles within the firm.
- Leading internal research and thesis generation for market categories of interest
- Drafting and articulating research, investment memos, and ad hoc analysis for the investment team
- Engaging closely with the broader startup, investor, and technology communities in Silicon Valley
- Supporting and cultivating relationships with Clearvision Ventures’ network of entrepreneurs, advisors, portfolio companies, limited partners, and other investors
- 2+ years of prior experience in management consulting, venture capital, major tech companies, and / or startups—preferably in product management
- Strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated passion in technology and startup investing—especially in enterprise software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working as part of a lean investment team in an unstructured environment • Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Opportunity for broad responsibilities and growth
- Opportunity for long term career
- Attractive and differentiated fund structure
- Fund’s proven ability to invest in oversubscribed, category leaders.
- Direct mentorship from seasoned managing partner and seasoned team
Note that compensation will include carried interest. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to Thomas Englis at firstname.lastname@example.org