Bessemer Venture Partners
Bessemer Venture Partners helps entrepreneurs lay strong foundations to build and forge long-standing companies. With more than 135 IPOs and 200 portfolio companies in the enterprise, consumer and healthcare spaces, Bessemer supports founders and CEOs from their early days through every stage of growth.
Bessemer’s global portfolio includes Pinterest, Shopify, Twilio, Yelp, LinkedIn, PagerDuty, DocuSign, Wix, Fiverr and Toast and has $19 billion of capital under management. Bessemer has teams of investors and partners located in Tel Aviv, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York, London, Boston, Hong Kong, and Bangalore.
Born from innovations in steel more than a century ago, Bessemer’s storied history has afforded its partners the opportunity to celebrate and scrutinize its best investment decisions (see Memos at bvp.com/memos) and also learn from its mistakes (see Anti-Portfolio at bvp.com/anti-portfolio).
Bessemer Venture Partners is seeking a full time Senior Associate (post-MBA) to identify and diligence investment opportunities in the venture-growth practice. The investing role will primarily include the following activities across seed to growth stage investing:
- Research in various sectors to identify leading venture opportunities
- Proactive outreach and conversations with CEOs of leading software businesses
- Various roadmapping exercises to discover new areas of investment
- Building relationships with portfolio company CEOs and world-class management teams to support their growth, including strategic planning, business development, and fundraising efforts
- Financial and business due diligence
- Board experience
The role will provide the opportunity to develop venture capital experience at one of the leading venture firms and develop strong insights and relationships in the technology industry.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for software investing
- Strong financial / analytical skills
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g. deal memo drafting, financial and analytics modeling, market analysis, customer feedback and generating industry landscapes)
- Proactively sourcing new deal opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high level of attention to detail
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience in venture capital, private equity, product management, investment banking or management consulting
Bessemer Venture Partners also offers annual bonuses, comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental, and vision), PTO & family leave, retirement plan, and commuter benefits.
Bessemer Venture Partners is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.